IT.COM

domain Quotes.im

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rapiddomain

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys, what do you think I can get with this domain name.

Quotes.im

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is no market for .im names

There are about 80k people on the Isle of Man so you can see the problem here

Years ago I owned names like Sport.im, Data.im, Cloud.im, Business.im, Travel.im and Tourism.im and I couldnt sell them for $20 each

•••
There is no market for .im names

There are about 80k people on the Isle of Man so you can see the problem here

Years ago I owned names like Sport.im, Data.im, Cloud.im, Business.im, Travel.im and Tourism.im and I couldnt sell them for $20 each
Wow, I'd never expect it could worth less than it's renewal fee.

Perhaps I should make it a website.

•••
I have never seriously considered a .im domain name so consider this an amateur appraisal. Since 2006 anyone can own them, so although the population of Isle of Mann is undoubtedly what @gilescoley says, I don't agree that is the only potential market.

So have they ever sold? According to Namebio there have been 67 sales with a median price of $1180. That is a little deceptive, since they allow one, two and three letter names, so some of these were for really short versions.

Among the single word sales were mom ($105), age (100), email ($999), auctions ($250), bus ($2735), rail ($1328), power ($999), wine ($1180) etc. (can search them all on Namebio). Surprisingly some double words sold for decent amounts. No sales yet in 2018, although 9 in 2017 including one at $3500.

Almost all the sales on Sedo, so that seems the venue for this extension, although the second highest sale ($7000 for mobile) was on the Afternic network.

Since im is shorthand for real estate in a number of European languages, I would probably try to promote it as a place for real estate quotes, as opposed to quotations in the conventional sense.

If it was me I would ask very low $$$ but be willing to take anything mid $$. It is probably a bit of a challenge to sell.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow, I'd never expect it could worth less than it's renewal fee.

Perhaps I should make it a website.

Always look at your end-user market. Who will you sell your name to? Are there potential companies that might want it? Check the sales history? Always have a plan for the name before registering it.

Its easy to find strong keywords in a variety of strange, obscure extensions, it doesn't mean they have value and you must register them, the reason the names are still available is usually because nobody wants them.

Good luck

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back