NameSilo

Quickie: Will I Get In Trouble If I Register this name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Please advise me will I get in trouble if I register any domain with "flash" word on it? I intend it to house all flash games I have with script included on it? sorf of example:
flashgames.com (only registered) something like that?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. As long as you don't try and sell the software.

•••
You can get into trouble with any name you register if you intend selling it again. If you intend not to sell you might have a chance.

•••
createmx said:
No. As long as you don't try and sell the software.
Not only this, but if you are making money off of the trademark, they (meaning Adobe) might have a problem with it. Adobe is usually pretty stiff.

-Steve

•••
Will you get into trouble? Who knows. Can you get into trouble. Possibly. Do lots of other people use “Flash” in their domain name that relates to flash files without no problem what so ever. Absolutely.

•••
I won't sell the domain, it will be mine for as long as you want, it's all dedicated for flash games like I completed just today 210 flash games uploaded to it, using arcade script I bought here as well.

•••
Actually, Flash is owned by Macromedia.

•••
Will you get "in trouble"? We aren't psychics here, unfortunately.
Could you? Yes.
Will you? Maybe.

-Allan

•••
HockeyGirl71 said:
Actually, Flash is owned by Macromedia.

im pretty sure macromedia has been bought out by adobe a while ago now

•••
I think no, because if you are making an online arcade with flash games, theres nothing wrong with it.

•••
As reported by DNJournal, FlashGames.com sold in January for $226,950. Didn't seem to be a TM issue in this highly-publicized sale.

•••
mine is already registered here gamesflasher.com thanks all

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
Will you get "in trouble"? We aren't psychics here, unfortunately.
Could you? Yes.
Will you? Maybe.

-Allan

nice answer Allan .. to the point it was :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back