Dynadot

Questions on $6.95 Enom retail

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As the topic says, I have a few questions on enom retail accounts:

Does the reseller creating the account have any insight into the retail account activities? If so, how much?

Can you use the ENOM API with retail accounts as well, or is that restricted to reseller accounts?

I read somewhere that you dont need the $100 deposit on retail accounts, but instead can pay each domain as you register it. If that is true, is there still a possibility to deposit funds in the account if you'd like to?

What price do $6.95 retail accounts normally go for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
RETAIL
-bill their credit card on file for every transaction
-you (the parent account) will pay 3% sales fee and a 95 cent transaction fee for every order
-they do not have access to create Sub Accounts, RegistryRocket sites, the PDQ, and they cannot download the API sample scripts.

RESELLER
-they will refill their account to pay for orders (refill fees are paid by the sub account holder).
-the parent reseller does not pay any fees
-each transaction is deducted from their balance
-they can download the API, setup RegistryRocket links, create a PDQ and create sub accounts
-sub accounts can use their own merchant services for the API (they cannot use eNom merchant services).

Question 1: Yes, reseller creating retail accounts will be notifed as to how many domains did the retailer register. Reseller can manage webhosting, domain prices. From my reseller account, I can request login information of my subaccounts. Thus, knowing your ETP is also very important.

Question 2: Answers can be found in the information I've taken from enom.com

Question 3: No, in a retail account, you cannot deposit funds in your account unlike reseller accounts.

Question 4: From what I know sipence is offering free $6.95 enom accounts. But the domains registered with those accounts do not have free url forwarding. If you want that function, you have to pay extra $9.95 unlike Enom direct accounts which provide free url forwarding.

Hope this information helps you to determine if you're interested in a reseller enom account or retail enom account.

Cheers,
Flora. :gl:

•••
Thanks for the response. Exactly the answers I was looking for :)

With that info I guess i'll stick with the 8.95 reseller until I feel it worth the money to invest in a 6.95 reseller acct.

•••
Welcome, glad I'm of help to your doubts.

Flora. :)

•••
cerebus said:
Thanks for the response. Exactly the answers I was looking for :)

With that info I guess i'll stick with the 8.95 reseller until I feel it worth the money to invest in a 6.95 reseller acct.

One other option is buying a 7.95 Enom reseller account.

•••
for retail accounts, is there a way to pay with paypal?

•••
1rrr1 said:

Not through PDQ, eNom, or RegistryRocket. If somebody is running and API then they probably do accept PP but why would any domainer want to register a domain through somebody elses eNom API? All domains registered via API sit in the resellers eNom account and not yours (read limited control).

•••
acts837 said:
1rrr1 said:

Not through PDQ, eNom, or RegistryRocket. If somebody is running and API then they probably do accept PP but why would any domainer want to register a domain through somebody elses eNom API? All domains registered via API sit in the resellers eNom account and not yours (read limited control).
ok thanks..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back