NameSilo

Questions about selling to end users

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Do you find that contacting potential end users for your domains is simply a numbers game? How many emails, phone calls, etc does it usually take you to sell one?

I'm curious to hear your war stories about this.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jbtrader23

A great question. It is actually a classic question of demand and supply.

If the domain being offered comes across as a great value, one contact could result in a sale. However, if the price does not appear to be right, or if one is not targetting the right prospects, it could be a long winding road...

I wish there was a one-size-fits-all answer to this age old question, but every domain name offers unique opportunities, and comes with its own set of challenges.

HTH,

SlashRoot

•••
Originally posted by SlashRoot
I wish there was a one-size-fits-all answer to this age old question, but every domain name offers unique opportunities, and comes with its own set of challenges.

Very true ... and that's why we love the challenge so much! Right? :D
I think the original question(s) ARE, in fact, difficult to answer in general terms ... as every domain name presents its own unique circumstances with marketing, identifying potential suitors, negotiations, targeting, etc. I would offer this, my best educated guess at "generalizing" ... the perceived quality of a domain name has an inverse relationship to the amount of potential End user contacts in order to be successful, IMHO. That is, the lower quality domain could take dozens (if not hundreds) of contacts to come to fruition ... and this could even result in Reg. fee reimbursement, at best. I think the *best bet* would be to obtain generally desirable domains, and then properly target and market them to, say, 5 - 10 (Google-type) "leads". With some responses, the fruition part will likely come down to negotiations on price :$: ... where there is then a DIRECT relationship - the MORE reasonable you are, the MORE likely you are to sell, the LESS reasonable you are, the LESS likely you are to complete the transaction.
This has been my experience, in general ... and results will vary.
Hope this addresses the question(s) somewhat. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back