Domain Empire

Questions about my domain's revenue at Namedrive.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisualArtistFrankBonilla

Visual Artist Frank BonillaVIP Member
Impact
Can someone please why the ppc at Namedrive.com changes? I parked my domain www.FreeOnline-Games.com at www.Namedrive.com after receving suggestions from members here. The stats for my domain after being parked at www.Sedo.com for the month of Feb 2006:

Unique views: 1228
clicks: 284
click rate 23.13 %
Revenue for the month: $23.13

I parked it at Namedrive on 3/01/06
Views to date: 187
clicks: 58
Revenue: $1.65
click rate 32.07%

Yesterday the revenue was over $3.00. Why has this amount dropped? I haven't changed the keyword since yesterday. Can anyone help explain this? At the rate it was going, I knew my domain wsa going to exceed all stats from Sedo. But, now, I am worried about the revenue.

Thanks
Frank

Thanks
Frank

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
change the duration date, you probably have it set to something different.

•••
CTR fluctuate as do earnings per click. For instance, on one of my domains (improvemedicine.com) I have earned clicks of >$4 and $5, but then measured clicks of ~$.4 as well. I am not sure if it is because someone clicks on a different ad or what. I have not changed my keywords either.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
CTR fluctuate as do earnings per click. For instance, on one of my domains (improvemedicine.com) I have earned clicks of >$4 and $5, but then measured clicks of ~$.4 as well. I am not sure if it is because someone clicks on a different ad or what. I have not changed my keywords either.

Thanks Fonzie. I think that has more to do with it. Mine was $.08 , now $.03 . Guess I will just watch it, and hope it comes back up.

Frank

•••
Has the traffic been coming from the same area of the world? ND has lower rates for non USA traffic and gives much lower PPC for proxy browsers.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
Has the traffic been coming from the same area of the world? ND has lower rates for non USA traffic and gives much lower PPC for proxy browsers.

18 clicks from USA

31 from Europe

6 from other.

Frank

•••
The 6 from "other" may be proxies and their PPC usually are $.02.

•••
•••
go to google and type in a search for proxy browser.

In short, it is a way to anonymously surf the internet.

•••
knarfmusik said:
Revenue: $1.65

Yesterday the revenue was over $3.00. Why has this amount dropped?

If your'e referring to what i think you are (the " i went to bed and my revenue was $3, i woke up and it was only $1" event) then it is expalined at the bottom of the ND page

NAMEDRIVE said:
Please note: The earnings on each click made on your domains are shown as a generic per-region value for the first 48 hours. Once we receive the exact earnings data from our advertising partner, the generic stats are updated to show the real click value. The last update date is shown in gray in your control panel. This process ensures that we can display the exact earnings made on your domains.

•••
Thanks

nickb.web said:
If your'e referring to what i think you are (the " i went to bed and my revenue was $3, i woke up and it was only $1" event) then it is expalined at the bottom of the ND page

Thanks nickb. I guess then I will have wait for 30 days, and see if all the hype about Namedrive is true. Sedo.com was paying $.08 per click for this domain, so far $.03 for Namedrive. Looks like I may be going back to www.Sedo.com . I have even asked for the "professional" help from Namedrive. No response yet.

Frank

•••
The amount per click depends not only on the keyword but where the traffic is coming from. At Sedo, I believe you get normally a flat rate. At NameDrive, you will get differing amounts based on where the traffic is coming from. I am guessing your traffic is either coming from proxies or Asia for click rates that low.

•••
dont give up on namedrive too fast. just contact ed ( his email is on ND site). he's always very helpfull.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back