Dynadot

Question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've been wondering this for a while. If you register a domain via a registrar does that mean you personally own the domain, or does the registrar?

I'm just not sure because people say "my domain is worth 10,000", but there only paying 9.95 a year for it.

Thanks

Matt Miller

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you register a domain with a registrar, you own the domain as long as you continue to pay the registration fees and abide by the terms of your registration agreement.

And yes, even though you are only paying $9.95 per year, your domain can still be worth $10,000. It's just like any other piece of property you own or own rights to, meaning it's worth whatever someone else would pay for it.

If you have a valuable domain that you could sell easily for $10,000, then your domain is worth $10,000.

•••
Thanks a bunch.. that clears up probably the most confusing thing about domain names for me.. :lol:

Thanks again

Matt Miller

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back