Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Question about Sedo's push to auction

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

shig

Established Member
Impact
239
If I were to bid on a domain name for 500usd and the seller counters with 1000usd and then I counter with 750usd the seller can take my bid and push the domain to auction making my bid of 750usd the starting bid.

If I were to bid on a domain name for 500usd and the seller counters with 1000usd and then I accept the offer can the seller still push to auction?

I want to know because there are instances where I would rather just pay the extra 250usd and get the domain right away rather than waiting for it in auction and the chance of it going over 1000usd.

Thanks for your help!
Shig
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
If I were to bid on a domain name for 500usd and the seller counters with 1000usd and then I counter with 750usd the seller can take my bid and push the domain to auction making my bid of 750usd the starting bid.

If I were to bid on a domain name for 500usd and the seller counters with 1000usd and then I accept the offer can the seller still push to auction?

I want to know because there are instances where I would rather just pay the extra 250usd and get the domain right away rather than waiting for it in auction and the chance of it going over 1000usd.

Thanks for your help!
Shig

If you will accept his 1000 usd offer - the seller couldn't push the domain to auction
Sellers could start auctions based only on buyer's offers, if the seller countered you offer, it's your step in the game (you can accept it or counter).
 
Last edited:
1
•••
That's right, once the buyer accepted the offer the sale is closed - no way to push it to an auction. I recently had hard time with that (as seller).
 
1
•••
Very good! Thanks you guys.... Rep Added
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back