Dynadot

Question About Moniker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandon1

Established Member
Impact
Does anyone know how to update a credit card on Moniker? I read their FAQ wiki page but what they describe doesn't match up with what's on their site. I'm assuming their site is so crappy and outdated they just cant take CC on the site anymore.

I already tried transferring all of my domains out after unlocking them and using auth codes and they still didn't transfer. I have a domain expiring tomorrow. After calling for the second time today I was on hold for a half hour and eventually got forwarded to voicemail. Did they just give up and let their company run into the ground?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Look on the left under Use Profile
Click Payment Options
You then can select Credit Card, Bank Transfer or Paypal

•••
I'd strongly advise against updating your cc. It's that bad IMO.

Which leaves the issue with your transfers. You must wait 5-7 days for them to complete. Have you given them sufficient time?

•••
Only update the CC when you are actually using it for transfer or register new name.
Change back to Bank Transfer when you are done.

•••
I just got this email from them,
moniker said:
Dear X,

Thank you for registering your domain with Moniker.

For security reasons, we must verify your account before processing your domain requests.

The analysis for which accounts need to be verified is not done by our system but by an external service, based on objective criteria.

The use of such policies has sadly become necessary due to fraud attempts, especially in the internet business.

Until your account is verified you will only be able to make payments via Bank Transfer

We will gladly make an exception for you and open up access to your account once you call our support teams and verify your account.

To verify your account it will need to be a live call. This again is a onetime call for fraud prevention.

You can call us at 1-800-688-6311 for the account validation. Outside the U.S. and Canada: 954-607-1294

Our hours of operations are Monday-Friday 8:00 am EST - 8:00 pm est.

We look forward to speaking with you.

Please have the following information handy to quickly verify your account.

Account #

Email Address on the account

Phone # on the account

Mailing/Billing Address on the account.

Moniker Support

What's that all about? I haven't registered any domains with them. I'm about half-way thru the only domain I have at Moniker, acquired from a drop-catch.

I was just going to post a message, that things had changed at Moniker. I was able to unlock the domain get the auth code, and setup the transfer, without any hassles at all. Only a few more days to wait.

•••
I just got this email from them,

What's that all about? I haven't registered any domains with them. I'm about half-way thru the only domain I have at Moniker, acquired from a drop-catch.

I was just going to post a message, that things had changed at Moniker. I was able to unlock the domain get the auth code, and setup the transfer, without any hassles at all. Only a few more days to wait.

I received the exact email as you did.. Got me thinking actually.. Domain with them was registered via catch service like a month ago..

•••
I tried that already. When I click "payment options" it shows my current payment method but I have no way of updating it. When I search "credit card" theres 4 results, 2 of them when I click "find next" the page doesn't actually show anything as if there is some type of hidden code or something. I tried it on both chrome and IE to make sure it wasn't just not showing up on my browser.

Edit: just tried it on my phone too and no luck.

•••
Have you tried calling them?

•••
Yeah called twice today. I was on hold for a half hour before getting voicemail.

I also just tried to transfer a domain that I didn't really want to transfer in hopes of being able to enter a CC# but it said it will use the CC on file.

•••
Something isn't quite right.. You might just have to keep calling them till you eventually get through..

Maybe submit a support ticket..

•••
Figured it out. They assigned me an additional customer number and password a year ago or so (maybe they got hacked?). I had to log in through a different account and was able to update it. My original account that I had memorized didn't have access. Thanks for the help everyone.

Any tips on making sure domain transfers go through? I already tried to transfer these to directnic and had no luck.

•••
I received the exact email as you did.. Got me thinking actually.. Domain with them was registered via catch service like a month ago..

Yeah. Mine just came off hold, which is why I'm transferring it. I have no actual interest in actually doing any business with Moniker. So I'm probably going to ignore it :)

•••
I'm sure I have a domain or two with them via drop catch. I will definitely be transferring them to another registrar.

•••
I'm sure I have a domain or two with them via drop catch. I will definitely be transferring them to another registrar.

Yeah that's why I had these. It's always such a pain to have to transfer all of my domains from a bunch of random registrars when I get drops on snap and namejet. I usually end up forgetting because they have the 60 day hold or whatever. Then when I get the renewal notice I transfer them out and it fails and I end up having to renew at the last minute.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back