NameSilo

question Question about BB's "Featured Names" section...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HKIBC

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
How to get your domains listed in BB's "Featured Names" section?

Had anybody here have their names listed there or is this only for BB's "insiders"?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's nothing you can do. They select these names on their own but it is not just for insiders.

•••
Are you in any way invested in BB, Nat? From your signature, you have 529 domains published with BB - right? That's a big and expensive portfolio, hence my question ;)

Am I to understand from your reply that you have had some of your domains promoted in the "Featured Names" section? If so, how long does such showcase last? And does BB notify you in any way about such promotion of one of your domains?

Thanks / Maggie

•••
Yes, I have a bunch of names at BB.

And yes I have had names in the Featured section. It happens at or around the time they initially get published. They don't notify you at all, you just have to notice yourself. I think the showcase lasts a few days to a week typically. It depends I think on how many names are getting published and how many they select for Featured status.

I wouldn't put too much weight on it really at all, though, because I don't think I've ever had a name sell while it was Featured.

•••
Thanks for the quick and informative reply, Nat :)

If not a trade secret, assuming an average portfolio of ~500 names at BB, can you say how many names you have sold, on average, each month this year?

•••
I don't have that info. I can just tell you that lifetime on BB I have sold at an annualized rate of 3.9%, and that number has come down as time has gone on and inventory has increased.

•••
Lets see:

Initial one time investment: $5,000 ($10 listing fee x 500 domains)

Annual cost of goods: ~$4,000 (~500 domains times ~$8 renewals)

Net income before taxes: $30,000 (~20 domains sold @$1,500 net after BB commission)

Nice! :)

Have I missed anything? ;)

•••
Something like that but you should be more negative in sell-through assumptions going forward. 3% tops and probably less.

Should also probably lower the BB net to $1,300 or so.

•••
This assumes that all domains are handregged, wonder if this is true Nat ?

•••
Something like that but you should be more negative in sell-through assumptions going forward. 3% tops and probably less.

Should also probably lower the BB net to $1,300 or so.

Agreed with thanks :) Generally speaking. In my calculations, however, I factored in:

- other threads and comments on this subject,

- a subset of 4L.com's and predominance of 5L.com's in the portfolio that I manage.

Hence my assumption of ~$1500 net on ~$2200+ gross. Submitting my first batch to BB today, so will see soon how these assumptions pan out ;)

•••
This assumes that all domains are handregged, wonder if this is true Nat ?

It's true enough. The median cost of my names listed on BB is $8.47.

It doesn't take into account the cost of rejects, but maybe you can assume you can at least break even on your rejects elsewhere.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back