NameSilo

Question about back ordering/Snapnames

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My situation is that a domain i had back ordered through snapnames that's just been renewed by it's original owner, and i still have 9 months left on my years contract to transfer it to another name, i have found another one i'd like but unfortunately it says on their website it's already been taken, my question is, does this mean that the person already registered on snapnames is more or less guaranteed the domain? Or are their rival services i could register for that would give me an equal chance?
Another question, do snapnames actually register the domain name for you, or do they simply alert you to the fact it's become available?
I'd appreciate any help you could give me in trying to get this domain name as it's one i feel could be really useful to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The slot has been taken. Snapnames only sells one slot. So if they do manage to catch the name, the person holding the slot will get it.

•••
Re: question about back ordering/snapnames

Originally posted by tim1
Or are their rival services i could register for that would give me an equal chance?

Wouldn't touch SnapBack with a 10-foot poll. SnapNames is in chaos, according to Mason Cole, vice president of marketing for SnapNames.

:'(

•••
I recently got Fairies.org through Snapnames.com, so I wouldn't say that they are 'in chaos' as dnbuydomain puts it.

Folks, don't trust anything dnbuydomain has to say about Snapnames, as he seems to have a serious beef against this company. In recent NP threads, he was caught blatantly making false accusations, and has declined to clarify.

As for rival drop services, Pool.com and Namewinner.com seem to be doing very well.

•••
So who would you recommend?
Is it still worth registering with another service now?
How is it decided which service snags the domain?

•••
As above, Pool.com and Namewinner.com should give you a very good chance of catching the name, but it will cost you if the name has other people interested.

•••
Originally posted by tim1
So who would you recommend?
Is it still worth registering with another service now?
How is it decided which service snags the domain?

1. If you really want the domain, Pool, Snap, GoDaddy, Namewinner, ClubDrop are definately a must.

2. Yes.

3. Whoever happens to send the first request after the domain drops, there is no decision.

•••
sorry to barge in on hte thread but i have a similar question
are there any companys that offer the same services as snapnames ? i mean pool and name winner have bidding process plus the name has to be in the deletion cycle to be ordered , i want to know if i can find some place other than snap names to back order for a fixed price

•••
There are snapnames resellers offering a different deal - ~$40 per slot good for a year, with up to four exchanges. I find the unlimited exchanges offered by the $60 snapnames to be more effective in the long run, specially if youkeep targetting the best names.

•••
thanks arm atrong
but thats not the problem the preblem is the slot has been taken at snap names and i need an alternate service that can snap it before snap names

•••
Yeah, i'm in exactly the same position as Bill1. the domain i'm interested in has already been taken on snapnames but i still want to try and get it.

•••
Fixed price back-orders are also available at godaddy. However, not many people attest to their effectiveness of late.

•••
Yep, GoDaddy's back order service has really gone down in the last month or so. Still worth trying for less popular names as it is cheap enough.

All the best

Richard

•••
Any others you can reccomend?
Is the pool.com service backorder?

•••
So, if you pay for a back order type thing, do you get your money back if it isn't registered?

•••
Originally posted by Kimberwyn
So, if you pay for a back order type thing, do you get your money back if it isn't registered?

The terms differ between providers. You need to go to each one and understand how they work before committing your $.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back