Dynadot

Question about appraisals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello,

I need a professional apraisal certificate for one of my domains. Is there a professional domain apprasal site out there that is for $15?
Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
--Brian R.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"professional appraisal certificate"

No such animal. :o
Appraisals are opinions, and it is very likely you will receive varying opinions about any one particular domain's perceived valuation, at either the End user or Wholesale levels. I know of no "Official Certificate" one can obtain for $15.00 for the appraisal of their domain name(s), and I personally would never pay to have a domain name appraised in this type of manner (see the Scams mentioned here in this "Discussions" Forum).
I think the *best* way to get an idea of your domain's value is to get as many opinions as possible from folks who have been around the industry a long time (observations and first-hand experiences) and then complement that with your own research. The "DNA" here can complement all of this, as well.
My guess it that a potential Buyer has requested this of you (again, see the Scams mentioned here in this Forum).
If you'd like to share some of the specifics, perhaps we can help to futher analyze the potential motives behind such a request, or in that absence, help address your needs.
Thanks. :)

•••
Did a potential buyer ask for this?

edit: Just realized coolhost asked the same thing for the same reason:D

•••
Originally posted by Sharpy
Did a potential buyer ask for this?

edit: Just realized coolhost asked the same thing for the same reason:D

:lol:

That's my guess, as well as worry a bit here, Sharpy. :)
We'll find out in a bit, when Waldo re-visits ... hopefully before Sox vs. A's at 8:00 p.m. EST. LOL.

:notme:

•••
Yup, a potential buyer asked for this. Luckily, I read some posts on Anthony Griffin because that was the fellow who emailed me.

•••
Originally posted by Waldo
Yup, a potential buyer asked for this. Luckily, I read some posts on Anthony Griffin because that was the fellow who emailed me.

Bingo!
Caveat Emptor. Run For The Hills. Stay Cool.©
Go Sox! :D

•••
Hi All,

I also got Anthony Griffin's scam email this morning.
I think that as a service to NPers, mods should put somewhere visible a sticky with all the relevant infos, so less people get caught (if they visit NP).
Just an idea.
DomMike

•••
You should make your own certiicate and put whatever price you want on it. Thats what everybody on ebay does :lol:

•••
lol yea its i dont think you should get a "professional appraisal becaus i can say im a pro but hek i have no clue what i am saying

•••
I also received the same email a few weeks ago! It surely did excited me!

•••
Paypal me $15 I will make you a very pretty Certificate and also give you an appraisal :tu:

•••
Originally posted by Delete
You should make your own certiicate and put whatever price you want on it. Thats what everybody on ebay does :lol:

I totally agee. from the way the appraisals go. it seems "price is up to the eyes of the beholder" :bah" humbug

set up your own "APP" agency and make
your own gold gilded certs :talk:

Originally posted by Delete
Paypal me $15 I will make you a very pretty Certificate and also give you an appraisal :tu:

or i can do it for NP$500 with telemetric dyna search stats certification frm DNAsysGen, anytime

Last edited:
•••
•••
well, well quite interesting answers - here is mine.

domain names can be appraised several different ways to get an idea about their value.
1.) sedo.us offers an professional appraisal (so do many other websites)

but not for $ 15.00

if your costumer is serious he/she is willing to spend the amount these websites want for their appraisals
9just make sure it is a honest website .

or
2)free automatic appraisal websites like (our own www.iappraise.info) or adresso.de just to name a few.

•••
Originally posted by DomMike
I also got Anthony Griffin's scam email this morning.
I think that as a service to NPers, mods should put somewhere visible a sticky with all the relevant infos, so less people get caught (if they visit NP).
Just an idea.
DomMike

We could perhaps make room one day for a "Latest Scams" type of thread/mini-forum ... to alert NPr's and to make them aware of the latest attempts to either deceive and/or defraud. Hopefully, too, over time, more folks will find us (I worry about those out there who may be uninformed) as the members here have a pretty darned good eye for this type of activity.
Excellent suggestion has been noted. :tu:
Thanks.

•••
Hey ch and rj lets have a new competition. Who can scam the best. reward get your np and account deleted!

I have good ideas....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back