Dynadot

question qqaak.com at...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Duck_Duck_Domain

Established Member
Impact
When I came across to above domain at Name Chap, it shows as a premium domain and I was surprised to see the price.

Yes, it was (is) showing 160K USD...

I can not understand why this domain is in so much of demand? Actually it's not at all looks or sound like a proper word.

The reason, is it resembled ‘Quack’ ?(the harsh, throaty cry of a duck or any similar sound)

The quack.com is registered in 1999 and the index page showing ‘Yahoo’

Well in wild guess I assume may be it is sounding like Quack and possibly maybe carries the idea like Twitter type content or platform that is why it show this very high costing.

When I tried to check this domain at GD, there is no any indicative figures against qqaak(.)com

well the question is, it is reasonable and justified pricing?

Or some kind of error showing the price? Or any other angle?

And most important, after buying this domain and creating any kind of website, is it worth spending so much money only on a domain name?

I am sure this thread will be getting many interesting, views, comments and feed back. Which can be useful to the community.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I came across to above domain at Name Chap, it shows as a premium domain and I was surprised to see the price.

Yes, it was (is) showing 160K USD...

I can not understand why this domain is in so much of demand? Actually it's not at all looks or sound like a proper word.

The reason, is it resembled ‘Quack’ ?(the harsh, throaty cry of a duck or any similar sound)

The quack.com is registered in 1999 and the index page showing ‘Yahoo’

Well in wild guess I assume may be it is sounding like Quack and possibly maybe carries the idea like Twitter type content or platform that is why it show this very high costing.

When I tried to check this domain at GD, there is no any indicative figures against qqaak(.)com

well the question is, it is reasonable and justified pricing?

Or some kind of error showing the price? Or any other angle?

And most important, after buying this domain and creating any kind of website, is it worth spending so much money only on a domain name?

I am sure this thread will be getting many interesting, views, comments and feed back. Which can be useful to the community.
Just because there is a ridiculously high price on a domain does not mean it is in demand. The seller is going for a massive payday but the chances of it selling for even half that price are incredibly slim. You can buy many similar names for $20 if you search. The only reason you would pay so much is if that is the brand-name for your product or service and it is going to be worth millions in future.

•••
NicTraders said:
Just because there is a ridiculously high price on a domain does not mean it is in demand. The seller is going for a massive payday but the chances of it selling for even half that price are incredibly slim. You can buy many similar names for $20 if you search. The only reason you would pay so much is if that is the brand-name for your product or service and it is going to be worth millions in future.

Oh that’s the case...Thank you for showing a right angle!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back