IT.COM

advice Appraisal site valued my domain $x million! Other sites and people mostly view it unvaluable. Help?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

John Paglione

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

So I have a domain in uixon.com that is showing a value of $2.6 million on free valuator. I know by reading threads that primarily isn't or shouldnt be the only method of appraising my domain. I have not only asked around some brokers but also posted it on here (which I will delete if Its considered a rule break of any kind)

People I have talked to have pretty much told me it's not worth much of any. I get it it's not easily pronouncable. Doing research on Google not much of the word. I know it is a name of some kind. Name not used very often. Couldn't find origin and also seems to be a company that is no longer running or selling.

It has backlinks showing 29,000 on latest backlink check if that matters. Godaddy values it $1,400 and estibot at around $180. It is a 5 Letter .com. I want to say 5 Letter word as it's been used but not a popular keyword or used keyword on google rarely at all. Any help would be great!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would not register this if it was available.

•••
@Ategy.com Thank you for the info. That is very helpful. My motivation behind the post is the fact a new commer and I went through Estibot and Godaddy and the range was so wacky. I didn't know where to start to do my own due dilligence. Thanks to a lot of people here I know how to go about that.

That insight is very helpful and thankful of everyone's responses regardless of how you feel about the domain. It didn't cost much at all.

•••
There must be something about Free Valuator and 5 letter domains. The only 5 letter domain I believe I own is WTFig.com and Free Valuator appraises it for $22,730.20. Then I picked 5 letters at random that sounded OK to me, Biklx and it appraised for 22,702.68, or just $28 less than WTFig. I could imagine a sitcom being called WTFig, but I don't have a vision for Biklx (which is available). I just re-reg'd WTFig because I like it, and someone else might REALLY like it. Maybe we should start teaching our youth to say "What The Fig"

What's funny is that someone has owned WhattheFig.com since 2011, yet I just "originated" WTFig a little over a year ago....go figure:xf.eek:

•••
No valuator is anywhere near accurate but free Valuator is the worst. They just throw random numbers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back