NameSilo

Pushing threads

Labeled as question in NamePros Community Help, started by Doughnut, Mar 20, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. jhm

jhm Glazed

Maybe its common, but see a lot of people pushing threads to be noticed for domain sales, by creating lots of blank messages. Is this aloud?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

It's called bumping......it won't be blank, maybe a full stop or something similar

You are allowed to "bump" your thread to the top of the page a certain amount of times a day depending on your membership........

3. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

4. jhm

jhm Glazed

Thanks, never done it myself. Fine line between bumping and spam, plus those that aren't doing it, naturally go to the bottom. Unfair game, but if its aloud, so be it

5. jhm

jhm Glazed

I guess the conclusion is: Bumping is fine, within reason

6. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

You can only do it a certain amount of times - try doing it more than allowed and you will get a auto alert saying your post has not been bumped :xf.smile:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  7. jhm

jhm Glazed

Only thing I'd be concerned about is "sorry, we aren't bumping you again, and you are now permanently banned from this forum. Contact admin to protest this decision" *nervous laugh*

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  8. lock

lock DomainUsed.com VIP

If anyone in future feels that others should hear about it they may bump this thread.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice