Domain Empire

Pump & Dump Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LucidDomains

LucidDomains.comTop Member
Impact
I had a weird thought this morning that the certain entities in China are doing a pump and dump scheme. Stock markets, Forex, Bitcoins are all heavily manipulated markets by those with great wealth.

Could it be possible to do that with 4L-5L, 6N-8N domains? Or perhaps what we're seeing it normal, a natural progression of the market.

Anyone thought along the same lines? Or am I comparing apples and oranges?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
many domains regged long time ago already.. strong 7N & 8Ns already since 2010.. sigh..
it's alright, go about your business , i am out of here

Same goes for LLLL CCC and LLL .com
My two ccc .com
L60.com = Creation Date: 05-jul-2005
F8i.com = Creation Date: 27-sep-2007

•••
so you are not as wise as you think. Parking at Sedo give you peanuts. I use to have a 5L chines domain with lot of traffic. Then I set up a website that brought me 150 dollars a month in adsense. Traffic with time faded and Iet the domain expire.

You can't make much money with traffic from China.

It is awesome to see a great amount of traffic on your domains and especially if they are Chinese domains. It means that your name is getting a lot of interest among China!

Names like xxwww.com and cdcdc.com are not random letters but valuable assets as Chinese investors are hunting for paterns! AABBB ABABA.

Random 5L .com won't get much value unless they are pinyin acronyms.

•••
I can share the name. it was cndgn apparently means We can give you I set up a blog with many posts (200+) on design and computer related stuff and around 200 visitors a day. Most of traffic was from China but also from other countries. It worked for around a year then traffic got much lighter. Now domain has been picked up and redirect to a company website

•••
•••
Buy carefully and you will not have any problem, hype or not this has already brought many real buyers, I can assure that... and those are willing to pay 200x what others were, you can bet I don't complain.

•••
Worldwide internet penetration is just going on right now with maximum speed. Anything increasing awareness for domains is advancing domain prices in the end because they are an underappreciated scarce resource. The more people's brains "get it" the stronger the grip of their hands holding them, the domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back