NameSilo

PS--Pixelate//Fragment--A nice little design thats used frequently

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok, this design gives your Image a Pixeled design to it, i have attached a file to show you what i mean. I am writing the tut. on Text but it goes the same for a image. but text looks better.

First:
Create a new image, it really doesn't matter the size as long as you can put text in it. I suggest a Pixel font or Veranda if you don't have a Pixel font.

2nd:

Duplicate that text layer. --right click on layer than select duplicate layer click OK in the alert.

3rd:

Select the duplicated layer. than go to Filter----Pixelate----Fragment. Select fragment and click ok on the rasterize text alert. from there you can Fragment it 2-3 more times depending on how you like. You can stop here and this will give you the effect or you can move on to better looks.

4th.

select Image---Adjustments----Hue/saturation. From here you can fool with the color of the pixelated text and make it look w/e color u want.

5th.

Right click on the text layer that has the effect on it and from there select Blending options. From there u can fool with the blending and blend the pixelated text into the background for a suttle effect.

Options 4-5 are optional but are suggested.

Here is how it turns out, i throught this together in 2 min. so this isn't the full extent of the effect the longer u work with it the better it will be.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
someone get an image up here :P

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back