Dynadot

domains ProtonMail introduce Proton.me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
... When we founded ProtonMail in 2014, we realized one of the best ways to help everyone protect their privacy was to make sending encrypted email as convenient as possible. This includes providing you with an email address that is easy to share with friends and family.

Today, we’re happy to introduce proton.me, an additional email domain you can use to send and receive email securely! A shorter email domain was one of the most requested features from the Proton 2022 survey, so we’re pleased to provide this option to you.

If you have a ProtonMail account, you’ll be able to activate a free @proton.me address in the coming days. That means if your current email address is john @ protonmail.com, you can activate john @ proton.me. Until 30 April, the @proton.me address associated with your username is reserved for you β€” no one else besides you can activate it.

read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
According to their blog posts, it looks like they proposed the introduction of proton.me in September 2019.

1649341247140.png

They also use pm.me which is an interesting name, cause it could just stand for "private message (.) me" which is nice.

I notice they have protom.me and proto.me. Very wise.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

first the publicized 6 figure sale of proton.org
and now proton.me

i'm loving proton.ly even more

:)

imo..

•••
•••
•••
•••
@proton.me is catchy and memorable then @protonmail.com
Disagree. Protonmail is a recognised brand. Proton dot me doesn't easily roll off the tongue. Mail dot me fine. Proton dot me errr nope. But what do I know buddy ? Probably becomes a household name and sells for 20 mill.

•••
Disagree. Protonmail is a recognised brand. Proton dot me doesn't easily roll off the tongue. Mail dot me fine. Proton dot me errr nope. But what do I know buddy ? Probably becomes a household name and sells for 20 mill.
ok I respect your opinion. but as i said @proton.me is short version of the same brand @protonmail.com , so people will recognise the brand after the announcement of proton.me

•••
I was giving serious consideration to a paid account but when I tested the free email the lag was ridiculous - over 10 minutes to send and receive. I doubt that is done on purpose with a free account so I'm worried it will be a problem with the paid account also.

•••
I was giving serious consideration to a paid account but when I tested the free email the lag was ridiculous - over 10 minutes to send and receive. I doubt that is done on purpose with a free account so I'm worried it will be a problem with the paid account also.
Ask them

•••
For me it is the best e-mail provider.

•••
I got a cookie cutter response after three days that didn't address anything in my message. Two negative experiences so no go on a paid account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back