Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Proposal Generator Concept

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Nexus

Master Your DomainsEstablished Member
Impact
4
What do you golks think of this idea?
http://www.directnexus.com/propgen/

I developed it a ways back, and found it extremely handy. I'd created a whole backend scripting system behind it for adding more items and things through an array of options. As such, I feel I could expand this into a very modular and flexible system for having freelancers generate QUICK proposals based off of a number of project criteria, customized to their business, and still having the proposal READ as a naturally written response to a potential client.

Thought I'd open it up to some feedback (and possible theft). :D

The fun part I like, is that you see the proposal text being updated in real-time as you click off options, and type into boxes along the top and left side.

~ Nexus
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hi,

I like it, good idea. An admin panel where users can add/delete options and such would make it even better.

Ron
 
0
•••
cyberoptik said:
Hi,
I like it, good idea. An admin panel where users can add/delete options and such would make it even better.
Ron
Sure... that'd would be the idea. Have people actually "sign-in" and customize it so they can always come back and generate a new proposal specific to THEIR company and history. I don't know if you have more ideas of what else it could do though. There's a lot of interconnected stuff, where NEW sections can call to data from other sections (like the project time line consists of the date ranges from the top... which collape from a range, like "3-5 days", to one number like "5 days" if both numbers in the range are the same. Not sure if it could use more flexibility other than "customizeability". Ideas welcome.

In the upper left hand corner, I have a drop-down marked "Project Type" (which does nothing), which I think I was imagining might switch off to a different set of global settings (perhaps wildly different in scope and intent... like different portfolio pieces to showcase, different things to comment on, etc.) I figure the generator could GENERATE proposals in TEXT or RTF format (with bolding, underlining, etc). Being that there are PHP classes for writing RTFs. I guess it could send the e-mail to your address (or perhaps directly to a client as well).

~ Nexus
 
0
•••
Thats really awesome, love how it updates in the right as you click on the left. I think you should go about reselling that. (if you arent already)
 
0
•••
Thanks. I will look into it. I might put it on ScriptNexus.com soon, and turn the site into a "script sales" site. It might help some folks out. I had planned to make a bunch of generators available for free, but I may push that off for a bit.

http://www.scriptnexus.com/code/all/probld/text

~ Nexus
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back