IT.COM

Prohibited words/products list

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I work for an online global B2B website, where registered members/businesses can list all kinds’ of products (A to Z) to sell to potential buyers.

We are considering Google AdSense but Google rules about prohibited products listing are vague and serve as guideline only. I am more confused after reading the Google policy as there is no full list available there of all prohibited products. I am particularly confused about chemicals and powders. There are lots of businesses/manufacturers selling chemicals and powders to other businesses, products/powders such as:

Testosterone Raw Powder
Mestanolone Raw Powder
2C-E (4-ethyl-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine)
MDA
Tamoxifen
Nystatin

Do I allow such type of businesses to list their products on the website or do I ban them?

Can anyone guide me, where can I find a full list of all products that Google considers prohibited?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

My concern is if Google closes the AdSense account because there are some products listed that Google dislikes, it is highly likely they will also de-index the website too.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ask them. Or ask in the Adsense forum. They don't have a list of every substance that exists - they can't.

BUT at least 2 items on your list are prescription drugs and it states very clearly in the Adsense program policies that selling prescription drugs is not allowed. Neither is anything illegal - drugs or otherwise. (That applies to at least 2 other things on your list.)

IMO, I don't think Adsense is appropriate for your site.

Also, if you're a B2B site, aren't you monetizing somehow through registered buyers and sellers? Why would you even want to send traffic off-site to an Adsense ad, which could be a competitor (yours or your users)?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back