Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Progress Bar Wanted

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Name Trader

formerly @stubTop Member
Impact
11,469
I have a website where 1 page loads a largish database and consequently takes rather a long time to load (up to a minute). I'd like to have a nice looking progress bar installed whilst the page is loading (rather than the database loading). Of course the progress bar should dissappear when the page has loaded.

I want to see examples of your work. I don't really mind what language you use to perform this. But HTML5/CSS3 would be my preferred choice, with any provisos for browser compatibility.

You will not get access to my website. I need just the code which I can install on my website. I don't mind a tailor-written or canned solution, just as long as it's a nice looking progress bar.

I can't really afford a lot of money to do this, so my budget would be $10-$20. Payment after it is seen successfully running on my website.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
0
•••
Thanks xlusive, but you have to login to download that code. This might not be a biggie for you, but I just hate logging into a website for a one-time only deal, which I might not even use.

On another note. I found something I like here... http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/how-to-create-a-kick-ass-css3-progress-bar#comment-384407. All I need to know is how to erase the Hello World box, and I will implement it on my website. Any ideas how to do this?
 
0
•••
Simple, just emove the following from the HTML file:

PHP:
		<div class="content" id="main_content" style="display: none;">
	    	<p>Hello, World!</p>
	  	</div><!-- #main_content -->

and this from the javascript file:

PHP:
 $('#main_content').slideDown();
 
0
•••
That simply removed the Hello World! But the bar remained on screen. I want to remove the entire bar/box from the screen, after it gets to 100%.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
That simply removed the Hello World! But the bar remained on screen. I want to remove the entire bar/box from the screen, after it gets to 100%.

Sorry, I miss understood... Here you go just replace the last part of progress.js and you are good:

PHP:
$(function() {
  // Hide the label at start
  $('#progress_bar .ui-progress .ui-label').hide();
  // Set initial value
  $('#progress_bar .ui-progress').css('width', '7%');

  // Simulate some progress
  $('#progress_bar .ui-progress').animateProgress(43, function() {
    $(this).animateProgress(79, function() {
      setTimeout(function() {
        $('#progress_bar .ui-progress').animateProgress(100, function() {
          // Hide progressbar
	  $("#container").hide();
        });
      }, 2000);
    });
  });
  
});
 
0
•••
That worked great in my test. Thanks. Now to put it in a real situation :)
 
0
•••
You are welcome :)
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back