IT.COM

domain Productive.cc

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Msdomain.xyz

Established Member
Impact
Any value?? Still learning and researching extenstions, don't know much about .cc extension. Opinions greatly appreciated

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know about the value of cc domains, so I cannot advise on the value of yours. And is incidentally the reason I don't buy them ;)

don't know much about .cc extension
You should do some research before investing your money :) If you don't know even roughly if the TLD is selling or not, or if single words or CHIPS etc are sought after, then you have no idea what to invest in that will give you a return.

Check Namebio.com for some ideas :)

•••
You should do some research before investing your money :) If you don't know even roughly if the TLD is selling or not, or if single words or CHIPS etc are sought after, then you have no idea what to invest in that will give you a return.

Thanks for the advice but I actually did do some research but maybe not enough...lol. I'm new to domaining and have made a lot of mistakes thus far that I'm learning from. This is just one of the domains purchase when I was on a buying spree. No longer buying but now reading and learning, a little bit backwards but I've learned from my mistakes and still learning.

•••
No longer buying but now reading and learning, a little bit backwards but I've learned from my mistakes and still learning.
I think most newcomers did the same. Many thought there is an easy way to make money, many even a simple way to get rich. And for most others, just a way to bring in a few extra $$, but there is so much to know.

People don't realise until they're at least 4-6 months in with many many 10s of hours of reading, that it's not much different to the stock market in terms of knowledge and experience requirements, and most people know that requires a lot of experience etc.

I highly recommend reading (well in general :D) but specifically zandibot.com. He makes a lot of sense, and reveals a lot of the pit falls new domainers make as well as next level advice about more commercial approaches etc.
Also view some vids on DomainSherpa.

Some good reading:
https://www.zandibot.com/10-mistakes-new-domainers-should-avoid-making
https://www.zandibot.com/how-to-pick-two-word-domains
https://www.zandibot.com/three-steps-to-domain-investing-victory-in-2016

At first you should read a lot, this is obviously something you are realising (again, it's a common pattern with newcomers, myself included some time ago) but importantly: also read between the lines and figure out things for yourself, as there's a lot of "false hope" around which means inaccurate advice.

Also, try not to be too creative etc, stick to something that has obvious commercial value, and aim to make smaller profit at first while you learn. Then once you've learned the more straight forward markets (ie .com, net etc) then you will have knowledge to start pondering over potential investments in lesser known things. But you really need knowledge for such things as they're more a minefield than .com sales, and that's saying something :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back