IT.COM

Process for a Domain Sale??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I am about to make my first domain sale (fishfly.ca) :sold: and want to know what I have to do to safely get my payment and transfer the domain? I have the domain parked at SEDO, but I can't tell if the buyer enquired through sedo or not.

I've heard that you can lose your domain and not get any cash if you're not careful, so I want to avoid that. any advice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just have the buyer pay you through Sedo, or another escrow service.

•••
As Gene said, the safest way is through an escrow service like Sedo or Escrow.com. You can also use paypal if you want. Just make sure the money clears your account. There is a small risk involved with Paypal. I have heard someone had an instance where a buyer paid with a stolen credit card and paypal took the money back. Luckily, the person was able to get their domain back, but it was a close call.

If you are sitting pretty at a four figure sale, escrow is a smart way to go. Just make sure you inquire about fees.

•••
How much $ does Escrow take? Do you really think Paypal is not worth the risk for >$1000?

•••
mattchapman said:
How much $ does Escrow take? Do you really think Paypal is not worth the risk for >$1000?

Escrow.com fees are HERE

With escrow, once the deal is done, it's DONE. With PayPal, you always risk chargebacks.

•••
I have gone through paypal for up to $1,100. The only reason I did this was because I trusted the other party through prior dealings with him. If you domain is going for more than $500, you may want to strongly consider using escrow.

•••
OK, Escrow seems to be the way forward.
Thanks guys - rep added.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back