IT.COM

Problems with Hostgator

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gprod

Established Member
Impact
Well. Yesterday I bought 4 .co m domains in Hostgator, with promo code, they cost 2.99 each, and 11,96 in total. Happy, I paid with credit card, registering new account. Then I received an email and they said "pls. call us to activate your domains and to verify your account". OK, I speak with their support, the guy said "OK", you will received an email...
NOW, I READ it, and I think that they blackmaiked me! Take a look here:
......."""Thank you for your purchase with HostGator.
Unfortunately, we regret to inform you that the discount you have signed up using is only applicable to orders which include a hosting package and domain registration. Because your order for these domain(s) does not include correlating hosting plan(s), we will be unable to honor the original discount, and you must pay the standard price for any domains.
At this time we would like to ask that you please confirm if you are interested in purchasing hosting plans for each of your domains, which would allow us to honor the original discount. You would receive the hosting plan at the original advertised price of 65% off, along with the correlating domain for 99 cents. We have many plans available to suit your needs - please review themathttps://www.hostgator.com/ . If you are uninterested in purchasing correlating hosting package(s) for any domain registration(s), the new price for your domains differs depending on the TLD. With this price difference taken into consideration, your new prorated total for the domain registration(s) is: $51.80.
You may view our current introductory prices at the following link..."""

What can I do? This is blackmail, Isn't it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cancel order, get refund. Reg somewhere better.

•••
I just had a look at one of the hostgator emails I have received recently and what it says is:
blabla%* off all hosting -blabla%* domains

and with fine letters:
* Offer is valid for all new hosting plans

The same is mentioned on any of the emails I have received from them (at least the recent ones I received).

Do you have an email or another proof that shows the offer to be different?

•••
its promo. there are limitations

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back