Domain Empire

Pricing is key to TLD success.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just an observation I've noticed lately. I'm seeing a lot more .ws names listed and held by resellers. It seems to me the key in recent acceptance is that godaddy now has reasonable pricing at less than $12. I would guess that if .cc and some others did the same type pricing, they may get more trading, promotion, and PR as well.

I won't buy any, but I've also noticed a lot more new.net names selling and available on the registerfly domain marketplace since registerfly has them in the $10 price range.

I'm not sure any of these are actually being used at all, but at least they get some trading and publicity at sub-$15 pricing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd have to agree with you on this one AdoptableDomains, I have also noticed such a thing going on. Thanks for mentioning it. :tu:

•••
Yes,the price is the key reason.

•••
Yup, the price is the reason why certain domain name extensions have such success and others don't.

•••
Wondering if the ".TV" will now do similar ... for promotional purposes? :blink:
Regardless, it's an excellent observation Mark.

Have a great domain name Saturday. :)
B-)

•••
Originally posted by CoolHost.com
Wondering if the ".TV" will now do similar ... for promotional purposes? :blink:
Regardless, it's an excellent observation Mark.

Have a great domain name Saturday. :)
B-)

Until last week, I never had a redirected country TLD. I once did try to register a .tv, and was please to find it was available....Unilt it got to payment time and they wanted 5 figures to register it....per year. I left very quicly.

•••
You're abolutely right. More ccTLD's should pick up on that point and follow the lead of .us and .ws in offering reasonable prices.

Why would someone pay $30 a year for a .NU when you can get a .Com/.Net/.Org for $8.95 or a .US for $5.95

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back