IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
XfC0yDx.jpg

As number of available LLLL.net made from English premium letter only (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M,
N, O, P, R, S, T) constantly decreasing I think it's right time to start this countdown.
Right now there's around 8100 available names.
At the end of August number was 10600.
At current registration pace it's safe to assume that all of them will be gone by New Year/January
2016, as speed usually increase when under 5000 names left.
Few fact to keep in mind:
1. Lowest market price for worst quality LLLL.com currently is $120-130, which is higher than it was in
2008 when premium LLLL.net buyout first happened.
2. Bottom floor price for English premium LLLL.com is $350-450, that puts targer price for English
premium LLLL.net at $17-22 taken 5% of LLLL.com price.
3. All Chinese pattern LLLL.net were bought out in July and just in two month their price skyrocketed
4-6 times all the way up to $35-40 a piece.
4. All Chinese LLLL.cc were recently bought out as well.
5. All CVCV LLLL.net and premium VCVC.net were bought out and currently being picked up from drop.
You can check list of remaining English Premium LLLL.net here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ow0hqo
Cheapest registration is at BigRock.com and Reseller Club $5 for .net
Alernative is Dynadot $6 and $GoDaddy $7.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
V is not premium letter.

We tracking domains with all 4 English Premium letters here:

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T

•••
Last edited:
•••
dotbay…End-users have choice now but still go for .com
but yes i agree lots choice now and both side of the dot will be more important

•••
New update 7727 names available.
Minus 179 or 2,2% since last scan. From this 179, 22% or 40 names were registered for 2 years.
Remaining list:
http://pastebin.com/D8peudkw

Number of domains left starting with letter:

A 214
B 262
C 68
D 214
E 989
F 590
G 443
H 556
I 667
L 629
M 212
N 486
O 1397
P 280
R 456
S 66
T 198

Are you scanning the entire list of LLLL.net each time, or just re-scanning the current list of what was available in your previous scan?

•••
Second.
I scanned all 83521 week ago and added 5-10 premiums that dropped last week.
It's just way faster to scan 7727, than 83 521.

•••
I scanned all 83521 week ago and added 5-10 premiums that dropped last week.
It's just way faster to scan 7727, than 83 521.

While there are 83,521 premium US LLLL domains, I think it is important to note that there are significantly less LLLL premium US domains, once you exclude the premium Chinese domains

There are only 19,652 US premium domains that are not Chinese premium (at least 1 character is a non-chinese premium - A,E,I,O or 4. The other 3 can be any of the US premiums - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T or 17). 17x17x17x4= 19,652 possible non-Chinese, US premiums, of which 7,727 are available (39.3%).

Now I am not saying that these will not eventually all be reg'ed and increase in value somewhat, but I simply wanted to point out that most of the US premiums have been purchased since they are also Chinese premiums. Unless there is something else that I am overlooking.

•••
I think there's few mistakes there, I'll try to explain. There's 2 things.

First, if you make analysis of the actual sites, you will notice, that Chinese companies own/owned most of the sites that include their premium letters J, Q, X, Y, Z while sites with English premium letters mostly were used by projects in English language. Domains with letters D, F, K, L, M, N, P. If I see domain like DMKN.net there's 60-70% chance it have project in English, and domain GHZQ.net have project in Chinese with same probability - 60-70%.

Now there's no way to figure how many of English premium sites were available and what part of them got bought by Chinese company that took last 30 000 Chinese premium names.
We can estimate though. So let's try.

20 Chinese Premium letters:

B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, W, X, Y, Z.

There's 20 x 20 x 20 x 20 = 160 000 Chinese premium LLLL.nets.

17 English Premium letters:

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T

There's 17 x 17 x 17 x 17 x = 83521 English Premium LLLL.nets.

13 English Premium Letters that interlay with Chinese premium letters:

B, C, D, F, G, H, L, M, N, P, R, S, T

Amount of English premium that at the same time are Chinese premiums:

13 x 13 x 13 x 13 = 28561

28561/160000 = 17,85%

30 000 of 160 000 were bought on July 27th.

If free names had even proportion of Chinese and English premiums, then 17,85% of them were English premiums it makes 30 000 x 17,85% = 5355 names.

5355 / 83521 = 6.4%.

Only 6.4% of English premiums out of 83521 were bought together with Chinese premiums for the reason that they were Chinese premiums as well.
I don't think it's right to use word significant and especially word most that applies to over 50%, when we have only 6,4%.

But I agree that part " of the US premiums have been purchased since they are also Chinese premiums."
Small part approximately 6,4% of them.

If you add this number 5355 to 7727 = 13082
That means that 83521 - 13082 = 70439 names were taken for the reasons other than being Chinese premiums.
Just compare this 2 numbers 70439 and 5355.
First one is at least 13 times bigger..

Sorry to destroy your theory, but math can be cruel sometimes ;)

•••
While there are 83,521 premium US LLLL domains, I think it is important to note that there are significantly less LLLL premium US domains, once you exclude the premium Chinese domains

There are only 19,652 US premium domains that are not Chinese premium (at least 1 character is a non-chinese premium - A,E,I,O or 4. The other 3 can be any of the US premiums - A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T or 17). 17x17x17x4= 19,652 possible non-Chinese, US premiums, of which 7,727 are available (39.3%).

Now I am not saying that these will not eventually all be reg'ed and increase in value somewhat, but I simply wanted to point out that most of the US premiums have been purchased since they are also Chinese premiums. Unless there is something else that I am overlooking.

You bring up a good point. Your math is a little off though. There are actually 54,960 US premiums that are not Chinese premium.

US premium: 17^4 = 83521 domains
US and Chinese premium: 13^4 = 28561 domains
The difference is how many are US premium but not Chinese premium.

Also, for those of you who weren't around back in 2008, here's some good reading on the first time these domains were bought out: https://www.namepros.com/threads/llll-net-countdown.403871/

Last edited:
•••
13 English Premium Letters that interlay with Chinese premium letters:

B, C, D, F, G, H, L, M, N, P, R, S, T

Amount of English premium that at the same time are Chinese premiums:

13 x 13 x 13 x 13 = 28561

US premium: 17^4 = 83521 domains
US and Chinese premium: 13^4 = 28561 domains
The difference is how many are US premium but not Chinese premium.

Got it, I didn't calculate the US and Chinese premium right. That makes the total LLLL US premiums (83,521) minus the domains that are both (28,561) equal 54,960 US but non-chinese premiums.

That means the 7,727 US premiums left are only ~9% of the total possible US Premiums, and ~14% of the non-chinese US premiums. The difference between these two are much closer, more in line with what djum was pointing out.

Keep up the scans, I will be interested to see if all of them are reg'ed soon (or if another big buyer comes in and swipes up a decent portion like before).

•••
•••
Western Premium without vowels is quite rare indeed.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Already some LLLL.net domains showing up on the October sales report...

asli.net - $232 - NameJet - 10/02
sude.net - $175 - NameJet - 10/02
bjcs.net - $165 - GoDaddy - 10/01

It's interesting that the Chinese quad premium sold for the least. The CVCV sold for slightly more, and the Western premium sold for the most. There are still plenty of great Western premium LLLL.net's dropping each day and most are still drop catchable without backorders. Things were the same way a few months ago with CVCV names and Chinese premium's, now we've seen what's happened with those! :)

•••
I was quite surprise when I got a message from godaddy about a 3 years old backorder on emul.net. Can't believe I finaly catched it! Haha I had plans 3 years ago..

•••
Anyone knows how many LLLL.net still available?

•••
Already some LLLL.net domains showing up on the October sales report...

asli.net - $232 - NameJet - 10/02
sude.net - $175 - NameJet - 10/02

bjcs.net - $165 - GoDaddy - 10/01

It's interesting that the Chinese quad premium sold for the least. The CVCV sold for slightly more, and the Western premium sold for the most. There are still plenty of great Western premium LLLL.net's dropping each day and most are still drop catchable without backorders. Things were the same way a few months ago with CVCV names and Chinese premium's, now we've seen what's happened with those! :)

Asli and Sude are Turkish names. The reason beyond these price is that.

•••
Anyone knows how many LLLL.net still available?

I'm doing a scan of the 54,960 non-Chinese Western premium tonight.

If no one else does, I'll scan the non-premium over the next couple days.

•••
On second thought, I'm not gonna scan the non-premium: there are 242,016 of them. Plus, that's not what this thread is about.

Western premium LLLL.net may be a good investment, though...
  • If you go by the 5% rule, the worst of them are currently worth $16.50 (5% of $330).
  • I also suspect that Western premium LLLL.com are undervalued at only $330 base price.
These two factors mean buying at $3.88 at WhoIs.com could be very profitable.

My scan is still going, but it looks like there will be something like 7,500 still available. It would only cost $29,100 to buy all of those over at WhoIs.com....... And even if people had to pay an $8 reg-fee, that's only $60,000 to buy them all out.

•••
On second thought, I'm not gonna scan the non-premium: there are 242,016 of them. Plus, that's not what this thread is about.

• If you go by the 5% rule, the worst of them are currently worth $16.50 (5% of $330).
  • I also suspect that Western premium LLLL.com are undervalued at only $330 base price.

My scan is still going, but it looks like there will be something like 7,500 still available. It would only cost $29,100 to buy all of those over at WhoIs.com....... And even if people had to pay an $8 reg-fee, that's only $60,000 to buy them all out.
What is the current value of chinese premium LLLL.net ? (5% rule and actual)
What is the current value of CVCV.net ? (5% rule and actual)
What is the current value of cvcY.net ? (5% rule and actual)

•••
What is the current value of chinese premium LLLL.net ? (5% rule and actual)
What is the current value of CVCV.net ? (5% rule and actual)
What is the current value of cvcY.net ? (5% rule and actual)

The second two, I don't know. The first is maybe at 4% of Chinese premium LLLL.com prices quoted on LLLLSales.com. $30 .net base : $700 .com base.

•••

Even if no one make such a bulk order, looks like they will all be gone soon :)

•••
The second two, I don't know. The first is maybe at 4% of Chinese premium LLLL.com prices quoted on LLLLSales.com. $30 .net base : $700 .com base.
I was not cross questioning , just wanted to know your view as I saw you active in LLLL.net from days when it was considered not worthy for renewal.(just couple of months back)
the base value seems to be $1000 now for Chinese premium LLLL.com
and .net from what i saw is $40. (so to some extent we may agree with 5% formula)

Also when we look towards CVCV.net the scenario is a bit different, (they are only 11,025 as compared to 160,000 LLLL.net chips, also the cvcv.com base value is ,much above the chips LLLL.com, yet they too seems to be selling somewhere around $30-$40 as per today's market condition ( so here 5% formula is not working at all, atleast for now)

on the other hand I can see around 600 cvcy.net yet available to register. (does it mean people don't see them even worth the reg. fee)?

•••
Even if no one make such a bulk order, looks like they will all be gone soon :)
i am sure that they will be gone quick, reason for it is, premium letters are usually acronyms.
people will love to secure acronyms of their long business names, and hence i can see much value in them.
where as cvcv and cvcy are brandables, I am curious to know your all views on cvcv anv cvcy .net's

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back