domain Premium Domain: illinois.com is for sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
A major domain name, Illinois.com, is up for sale to the highest bidder and could mean big revenue for the owner. High-profile domain names, like those featuring the names of states, can fetch a pretty penny for a digital space on the internet.

Illinois.com is what’s known as a geodomain, a domain that identifies a geographic location. Sales of similar domains are often kept private, but several recent sales have been disclosed. LasVegas.com sold for $90 million in 2005, and MyrtleBeach.com sold for $6.5 million in 2010, for instance.

Illinois.com has been owned for the last decade by Josh Metnick, CEO of Navier Inc.

Read Full Story Here:
http://ilbusinessdaily.com/stories/511117798-premium-domain-name-illinois-com-is-for-sale

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think this would make for a fantastic website where @Domain Shane and @DomainSherpa debate and argue over the proper pronunciation of ill-a-noize! ;) lol

•••
I think this would make for a fantastic website where @Domain Shane and @DomainSherpa debate and argue over the proper pronunciation of ill-a-noize! ;) lol

Funny enough, I found myself saying it out aloud several times before I posted this thread to see which version sounded correct. :) (I'm leaning more towards ill-a-noy)

Last edited:
•••
Unfotunately I cannot spell right now... Yes It (Illinois) has Chicago but Chicago.com would be worth way more than Illinois.com, I used to live there and can honestly say that outside Chicago.... There really is not much to see, it's all flat and tree-less farm land. Colorado or Oregon on the other hand ? Well obvious reasons for some why those are in demand. Thanks for the info though @deez007.

•••
•••
•••
lol .. I know how it's pronounced .. it's just a little inside joke they have at @DomainSherpa between Michael and @Domain Shane because Shane lives there ...

•••
•••
what else .. I knew that !

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back