IT.COM

.mobi Post your questions here for Pinky Brand of Dot Mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Post your questions here for Pinky Brand of Dot Mobi

Many of us enjoyed the online chat here at NamePros with Pinky Brand of the Dot Mobi group. As he was leaving the chat, Mr. Brand mentioned that he would enjoy coming back for another visit. According to RJ (who put a lot of effort into setting up the first chat - thank you again RJ) at the time they agreed in approximately six months. So in the meantime, I wondered if it would be possible to submit questions for Mr. Brand without him having to join us live. Maybe this way we can get some answers to some of the lingering questions that have been bantied about the boards that last couple months as well as some more insight into the goings on at mtld.mobi.

I ran it by RJ and received the OK to gather questions from members here at NP.
To make this efficient, here's how it will work:

1. Post all your new questions here in this thread by FEBRUARY 10, 2007. This should give everyone plenty of time to think about their questions ... and still watch the Superbowl.
2. Please respect everyone's time. Keep the questions concise, relevant, and of course professional. One or two sentences maximum.
3. Read through the questions already posted so that you do not duplicate them.
4. I will consolidate all the questions posted to this thread and will pass them on to RJ. He will inturn submit them to Mr. Brand for his consideration and comments as his schedule permits.
5. Before you post, please read through the transcrypt of the first chat session. Here is the link to the recap of the first chat.
6. This is not meant to be a pro-mobi vs. con-mobi thread - Please only post questions here. Thanks.

Thank you for your help and I look forward to the questions (and of course ... the answers.)

-acc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why is the dev.mobi site virtually abandoned? It was chock full of spam not too long ago and questions from developers remain unanswered.

•••
Do you think that a higher level of visible participation now and ongoing promotion (e.g., advertising and use of the extension) by representatives of the consortium would lend more credibility to the viability of the extension?

What are the most common misconceptions or negative reactions that you have heard from corporations regarding the need for the dot mobi extension and how do you respond to those criticisms?

What are the some of creative and/or encouraging comments that you have heard from corporate owners of dot mobi domain names regarding their intended use of the dot mobi extension?

How many dot mobi names have been registered to date?

What do you think of the number of developed .mobi websites to date? Have you seen any sites that especially exemplify the goals and possibilities of dot mobi? What are some of your favorites from an end-user's perspective?

- - - - - - - -

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions from both the dot mobi believers and the dot mobi skeptics.

•••
Oops I wonder if I can squeak this in:

If some of the names listed on the "premium list" to be auctioned live do not get any bids will dot mobi be letting these drop for regular registrations at reg fee? Or will all the "higher ups" have dibs on the names? Or will you seek another way to auction them for example at Sedo or another venue? What are the plans for this foreseeable outcome?

Thanks,
Kerri

•••
I'll be sending the email to Pinky tomorrow. Thanks for all the questions.

•••
-RJ- said:
I'll be sending the email to Pinky tomorrow. Thanks for all the questions.

Dont forget to put up a big post with the time and date...assuming we didnt scare him away :yell:

•••
:hi:

Can you please visit with us ... in March, Pinky? :music: :talk:
Thanks kindly.
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:
:hi:

Can you please visit with us ... in March, Pinky? :music: :talk:
Thanks kindly.
-Jeff B-)

I second that...and dedicate someone from .mobi to come and talk to us on a regular basis...we are your best customers...

•••
Pinky ...

Pinky ...

Pinky ...

:music: :talk: :lala:

•••
Post-T.R.A.F.F.I.C. visit, please ...

Chant with me, friends ... :yell: :talk:

Pinky ...

Pinky ...

:)

•••
One question from me too. For all the new and small domainers.

Why .mobi?

There might be some particular reasons that can encourage the new people to invest in .mobi TLD.

Can you please shed some light on that one. People are still taking it timidly, some words on this would definitely help them choose .mobi domains without any hitch.

•••
Pinky Q & A:

Last edited:
•••
Assuming the first round RFP is not out before he visits, my question is what is going on with the first round RFP's?

•••
Dear Pinky,
We look forward to your imminent visit to 'mobi den'.
This really is the epicentre of all things mobi. (just behind mtld.mobi obviously :) )
creep, creep!
I have a few questions:

1/ As a rough percentage how many calls/emails/letters are from people like us? that you receive at your mtld hq.
And how many are from big/medium businesses wishing to find out more?

2/ Have mtld spent any money on advertising yet?
If not, why not? If so, in what areas.
Do you plan on investing on advertising in the future.
Even an adwords campaign?

3/ Why did the rfp process for news.mobi etc take so long?
Why was the communication & information aboiut it so poor on your homesite?
If it hasn't been allocated by the time you visit, can you tell us more?

4/ Are the .mobi investors (ericsson etc) planning on advertising .mobi in a co-ordinated effort.
i.e within a certain time period?

5/ Will registration fees drop considerably in the next 12 - 18 months?

6/ Is there discussions with handset manufacturers (particularly sponsors) to make .mobi a default on the phones browsers?
Has it ever been discussed? If so, with whom & what was the outcome/conclusion?

7/ What period of time do you foresee that .mobi will be heard of by some?
& what period do you foresee that .mobi will be a household term, if ever?

Thanks Pinky

Arnie a.k.a Predator

•••
rickkumar said:
What is being done to promote the .mobi in Spanish markets in 22 countries around the world?

Add to that question:

What is being done to promote the .mobi in non-english markets in 135 countries around the world ;)

Martin

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back