IT.COM

alert Possibly Scammed, Just A Friendly Warning

NameSilo
Watch
On Saturday, I bought an XenForo license on The Admin Zone from a user that goes by the username Timelord_. When they gave me the verification token for XenForo, it was working, they wanted to wait 60 days to request a transfer of the license because I am "unknown" on that forum, however, they did update the domain on the license and showed proof that it was updated.

On Sunday, I tried using the verification token for XenForo to find that it no longer works, and when I contacted XenForo to find out why, they informed me that they had suspended the license. I have contacted an admin on TAZ to report them, and am following their recommendation.

Some additional information, they appear to go by the name of Barry Browne, and appear to be associated with the following domains pairsvolleyball.com, battlefieldforum.net, and thesoccerforum.com.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You must be really careful with vbulletin, XenForo, etc. forum licenses not all are transferrable in the first place, and there are sometimes time limits on when you may transfer. Also, there is the risk that the seller is overselling the licenses - to multiple people - the way Bugsy Siegel was overselling more than 100% of the Flamingo to investors. :xf.grin: Contact the issuing company for verification before buying, and even then, you assume some risks such as if the owner chargebacks the original payment for the forum license.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back