NameSilo

Possible security flaw with ZoneAlarm!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have found a problem with ZoneAlarm firewall. The FREE version. I have been using PuTTY for 3 months now. I ran it from a exe file on my desktop, i have moved it to another place and it detected it accessing the internet for the first time.

I have no clue if this is a security flaw, but it is personally not very good that this happened. D-:

ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have ZoneAlarm Pro Suite! It is very good, but i think the free version is not that well-protective, just blocks standard. You should try the free trial for PRO. PM me for link.

•••
You sure you didn't give Putty permission three months ago? Once you change a program (includes moving it) or upgrade it usually asks you if you want to give it access.

•••
zonealarm detected it as running for the first time when you moved it? If so why would that be a security flaw as it would then be asking you if you wish for it to be allowed to access the internet.

•••
you prolly had it on the allow setting

•••
No, it detected it as a new program trying to access the internet

Old location was the desktop, the new location is a folder on the desktop.

Ideas?

•••
robertall said:
Old location was the desktop, the new location is a folder on the desktop.

thats your reason!
otherwise i could create a file and name it whatever and do whatever

•••
I have just tried it myself, it certainly is not a security flaw if anyrthing it is the opposite. As far as zonealarm knows it could have been adapted hence why it asks you if it should be allowed access.

Why would zonealarm asking if a program should have access be a security flaw?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back