IT.COM

Possible domain theft?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Toby H

Established Member
Impact
hi I sort of have an emergency, either I am going completely crazy, or I think I have been victim to something very serious. Could somebody please PM me because I don't feel it's right to say the details on the post itself, but really could use some guidance here. (if I think what happened really did happen) If it is what I think it is, I have the proof of it.

Thanks
Toby

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
your posting in a public forum asking people for help so you will need to help people help you and post details.

else if you think people will jsut rush to pm you one by one so you can decide if you're going crazy or not, then you may be suprised by the lack of activity in your pm box.

it's just not how things work round here.

cheers

•••
I was on godaddy, and I found a great site, accountabuse.com, and it was free. So I went to purchase it. I got through to the creditcard/paypal page, and clicked complete purchase, and the wheel just spun there for a while. So I thought something happened. Then I tried agian, I opened a new page, and it was free. So I went through the process again, and got to the complete purchase page, and clicked it, and there was the spinner again. So I checked the Whois, and it's godaddy. So I'm thinking ok, so maybe godaddy had a glitch or something, and they had it the whole time, and for some sort of error of their site, it was showing as still free. But when I looked at the creation date, I see today! Not only today, but it was 1:10 around when I got it, not even in AZ or wherever godaddy is. So within like an hour of me trying to buy it, it had been created. That, combined with the fact that it was showing up as being free, is too much of a coincidence. What is happening here? Do you know of any instances of godaddy snapping up free sites that people try to register? How crazy. This is why I need somebody's serious guidance, because either I'm making a really noob mistake, or I just got hijacked major.
I took screen shots of everything, including the time on my computer.

Now you'll have to tell me if I'm an idiot, or there's something fishy going on..

•••
I think it was my own mistake cause I am a noob after all?? HAHA Just being paranoid. Sorry about the confusion.

•••
well on the upside, does anybody want accountabuse.com?? lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back