NamesCon2020

Portfolio with 800% return. Can I scale up?

Labeled as discuss in ccTLD Discussion started by Arpit131, Jan 2, 2020.

Replies:
Views:

1. Arpit131

Arpit131 Top Member VIP

Hello guys..

Good to be back in domaining after almost a year. I hope you guys are doing great! Wish you a very Happy New Year.

Sharing my experience with my previous domain name investment in .CO domains where I invested close to $200 across 100 .CO domains during a promotion in July. The domain investments were done following the advice of Mr. @Nikul Sanghvi who shared a post where he wrote about his experience with .CO investment, the research on ExpiredDomains.net, the filters he used to find out what may or may not sell and ultimately, build a portfolio where one may expect a decent return.

I decided to try it out and started with the research on Expired Domains to find out names that were brandable, had decent number of possible buyers and the ones I wouldn't mind renewing (although I wouldn't, but I'd give another thought before dropping it) and finally shortlisted on ~100 domains.
    The reason that I had to do away with only 100 is because .CO has made many domains as premium, which now sell at $100 or so, which could be seen as both - positive or negative.

After having bought the domains, I parked them on Afternic in July itself with $499, $599, $699 and $799 price tags depending on what I thought the names would be worth.

Until March, there was no response and I had my first sale in April at $499. Then another one in May and yet another in July, just 15 days before expiry.
    The return on the entire investment was 800% and since this was only meant to be experimental to see how it works, I am thinking of whether this model can be scaled up or not?

Now that a lot of .CO domains are marked as premium, is it possible to scale up this model to say, a $10,000 investment with a similar return? Anyone tried that with .CO?

Thoughts/comments/criticism/advice are welcome!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice