Dynadot

Portfolio of Assets or Portfolio of Liabilities? What is an Asset?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Aron has just posted a very good post over at Symbolics.com

An asset is any resource that a business owns that can be of future economic benefit to the firm. That’s a basic, one-line definition of an asset. An asset is purchased to generate cash flow and to increase the firm’s operations and revenues.

An asset can take many forms: cash, accounts receivable, inventory, real estate, land or equipment… to name a few.
Everything in this list provides and economic benefit to a company. These items can be used to generate cash flows in the future or they can be converted into cash.

A liability is any debt or obligation that is owed by a company (basic definition).

It is important to ask yourself, when acquiring a domain name: Is this an asset or a liability?

Read More: http://symbolics.com/portfolio-of-assets-or-portfolio-of-liabilities-what-is-an-asset/

symbolics.com domain was originally registered on 15 March 1985, making it the first .com-domain in the world

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pretty simple article, but to the point, for sure. Thanks

The symbolics homepage reminds me of the milliondollarhomepage.com. If anyone remembers that, or it's many spinoffs :laugh:
I think there is an NP ad on there... I dont remember.

Peace,
Cy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back