Dynadot

alert Porkbun warning

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Joe drake

Established Member
Impact
beware if you reg at pork bun ,according to employee at porkbun at the companies discretion domains will be deleted after 20 days and sent to godaddy auctions ,the actual domain name will be placed at a holding account and can be renewed up to 30 days past due ,but you have requsted they put domain back in account,you must keep track because after 20 days after expiration there no where to be seen,if no one buys at godaddy up till day 37 you can request the domain back and renew again

Porkbun the old domains for the people now living by godaddy rules

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The big question, as is often asked... Why are people leaving domains 20 days after expiration in the first place? If you want the name, RENEW IT!

I've honestly found Porkbun to be top notch.

Last edited:
•••
Why because we can and low cash flow ,I found them great too but now you know ,so don’t kill the messenger trying to help

•••
The saying is shoot the messenger, but regardless, you pay for a domain for a year and if you don't pay you can't expect them to do what you want them to cause you're not paying. Though I do accept that it's useful information for people that don't renew their domains in time, I understand.

Last edited:
•••
I have 3k domains it’s feast or famine sometimes ,but this is a situation where the workers don’t even know how the new system works the nny reason i noticed they were removed is by the count

•••
Everyone loved alpnames till they went Mia and people either had to pay redemption or lose all there domain

•••
people either had to pay redemption or lose all there domain
I had some domains at Alp, all of which ICANN process transferred to other registrars without cost to me, none of which I lost, and none I had to pay redemption fees on. True, had I had some in expiry that could have been different.

I think the mindset that people own a domain name after it is in expiry should change. It is the registrar, not you, that has paid the refundable auto-extension fee when you fail to renew by normal expiry date. Sure, it is confusing that different registrars have a different schedule, but none of this matters if people renew their names by expiry.

It is also easier on mental health. No worry that a personal emergency and suddenly some names are in jeopardy.

Just my opinion.

Bob

•••
I understand Bob but full disclosure here dont tell people they got 30 days and now find out your domain delete in 20 days and it’s up to you to keep track ,why not keep in the account and highlight it it’s deception ,that’s what my beef is ,I have no opinion on expired domain ,if you forget to pay your mortgage and 20 days later you can’t get in your house I’m sure you would be ok with that ,Bob

•••
https://kb.porkbun.com/article/37-what-happens-after-a-domain-expires

"
For days 25-26 through 36-37 of the Auto-Renew Grace Period, the domain is put up for auction. You may still renew the domain until day 30 at the standard renewal fee.

On day 35 - 45 after expiration, typically on day 37 or 38, if the domain did not sell at auction, the Auto-Renew Grace Period will end and the domain is deleted from Porkbun.
"

For now, I find it hard to believe that they deleted your domain on day 20.

What's the domain name? that was deleted

@Porkbun could you please clarify?

Last edited:
•••
,if you forget to pay your mortgage and 20 days later you can’t get in your house I’m sure you would be ok with that ,Bob
Not the same thing at all

•••
https://kb.porkbun.com/article/37-what-happens-after-a-domain-expires

"
For days 25-26 through 36-37 of the Auto-Renew Grace Period, the domain is put up for auction. You may still renew the domain until day 30 at the standard renewal fee.

On day 35 - 45 after expiration, typically on day 37 or 38, if the domain did not sell at auction, the Auto-Renew Grace Period will end and the domain is deleted from Porkbun.
"

For now, I find it hard to believe that they deleted your domain on day 20.

What's the domain name? that was deleted

@Porkbun could you please clarify?
my domains were deleted on day 29 usually they stay in the account till at least 38 days and as long as the auction does not end ,even if there is bids you can or should I say could have renewed at the reg rate with no redemption. Now your guy that was manning the phones is looking at his new rules that says ,you can renew up till 30 days but on day 20 they are forwarded to godaddy but you can only start bidding on day 25,he also said that even though you can renew the domain they start deleting at 20 days ,and you have to let them know what the domain is or your out of luck,he also said that they are moved to a holding account ,that can Not be cross referenced ,if you ask what domains dropped out of your account which is total f bs. Post the accurate rules and stick to then and I will follow,when this company started I spoke to the owner and he said he’s wants to be different for the customer ,seems likes there’s more money bending the rules and at the end . put a disclaimer that said basically ,no guarantees

•••
Cool

Hopefully, @Porkbun will help clarify

•••
I believe they do remind you on every expiring domains email they send, about the 20 days afterwards potential removal from account. If you look towards the bottom. And these emails come constantly, well before the expiry time, hard to say there isn't sufficient warning.

•••
I believe they do remind you on every expiring domains email they send, about the 20 days afterwards potential removal from account. If you look towards the bottom. And these emails come constantly, well before the expiry time, hard to say there isn't sufficient warning.
again it’s not about that,but removing domains from your account that can be renewed till day 30 (according to support) this is Godaddy’s rules,seems like their running the show ,,I don’t want anything from anyone here ,I’m just making people aware what’s going on take screenshots of your domain and watch the count. Everyone’s defending them here but it’s not the same porkbun godaddy bought out auction rights from them

•••
Warning domains expire at every registrar. *

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back