Domain Empire

Porkbun, anyone?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

zattack

Established Member
Impact
Thought of buying a domain at Porkbun today and this was the hardest ever registration in my life. Took almost half an hour to get one domain registered. Why?

1- Their website is slow as a snail. And they sell web hosting?
2- Wait 1min for anything to happen once you click on a button
3- Payment timed out multiple times because of their slow website. Payment gateway couldn't connect to Porkbun site once the payment is done. So you either wait for a refund or make another payment.

What's your experience with them?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is amazing to learn that you are integrating with Afternic!

Love your prices, the best prices out there for most extensions. How do you guys do that?
And also love the way you stand out by integrating humor and not being too serious. This is fun and refreshing to see. By the way, I was able to catch the flipping pork several times, are there any bonuses for that? :D Keep growing! :)

•••
Porkbun is one of my favorite registrars alongside Dynadot.
i agree, an excellent registrar, swift transactions. Great platform, fun punny integrations within the site. :)

•••
I have written a review on PorkBun on my website but I am not sure if I am allowed to link to my own site as I am a new member and don't want to come off spammy. The overall conclusion is that they are a good domain registrar and the pricing is really good for like a .com extension. The user interface is very nice and easy to use.

•••
Has anyone had success in getting Porkbun registered names into Afternic premium network fast transfer?

Bob

•••
Has anyone had success in getting Porkbun registered names into Afternic premium network fast transfer?

Bob
Yes
Works like a charm

•••
•••
•••
•••
Porkbun has the cheapest domain prices across the board…

•••
•••
Hi,

Phillip from Porkbun here. Sorry we missed the previous question but I’m around if anyone has any questions. As always, feel free to reach out to support(at)porkbun.com if you need timely support but feel free to DM me or mention me in comments here and I will respond when I can.

•••
Hello @Phillip from Porkbun welcome to NamePros,

I recently contacted your support regarding your promo code "ALLABOARD". And a guy named Phillip answered me. Was it you, or was it some other Phillip?

•••
OK. I came here to post a question about comparing PorkBun and Epik? Any thoughts? I like what I've read here. I started with Epik with 1 domain which is a rare but quality .markets domain. There are very few registrars for .markets and PorkBun are naturally the cheapest. My only permanent domain at Epik. I want to secure it in case something untoward happens at Epik.

I actually had problems signing up. It seems I tried (and failed) twice. OK it took about 2-3 days to work it out. But I've now got all those quirks sorted out. Very helpful staff. I was kinda pleasantly surprised :)

•••
They don't support SedoMLS and even don't plan to join @Sedo network...
They pray on Afternic/NoDaddy...

•••
Well as I have said. I only have 1 .markets domain. There are only very few .markets registrars. When I bought the domain, it was registered at Epik. It was my first Epik domain. I have been, from ignorance, pleasantly surprised how PorkBun have been fairing in the polls. When I decided to move my important domain to Porkbun I found I'd tried and failed twice to open an account (which I'd completely forgotten about), according to PorkBun Support. Support were very helpful in sorting it out, so that I got my preferred account details. It took about 2-3 days.

I am impressed how important security seems to be an important issue with PorkBun. Is everything good at PorkBun? Well. Not exactly. They still have Epik's Privacy on the domain. They said they have their privacy on the domain. So why can't they change Epik's Privacy to PorkBun's Privacy in the Control Panel. That doesn't make any sense. Also their SSL Certificate has taken days, and still not resolved. Both are ongoing discussions with PorkBun. Which don't seem to be going anywhere.

Apart from those two items in the last paragraph. Everything seems OK at PorkBun. Although I wonder how they manage to stay in business with their keen prices. So far. I'm happy with the results at Porkbun.

•••
I am giving porkbun a shot and it looks nice and all is good so far but one thing I thought was a bit unfortunate is some bulk features are lacking, like bulk lock/unlock. Also not crazy about them using stripe for processing.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back