NameSilo

.mobi Pool .MOBI Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just recieved an email from Pool saying they acquired a large number of .Mobi's and now they're having a sale on 2,000+ .mobis. First come, first serve. Here's the list:
http://service.pool.com/cgi-bin/poo...=AvkG~wr_Dv8S8kb5Ghoe~yL~Jvkq~3z~~w**&2=90658

Not too many gems. Here are a few that stood out (some may have TM issues):
AFI.mobi
AKC.mobi
APO.mobi
APU.mobi
AVN.mobi
BLO.mobi
Burrito.mobi
CKY.mobi
DDDD.mobi
FFFF.mobi
FUC.mobi
Gus.mobi
InCall.mobi
InCalls.mobi
IndiaSex.mobi
KMK.mobi
Kool.mobi
LLLL.mobi
MVA.mobi
NNNN.mobi
OutCall.mobi
OutCalls.mobi
Pick.mobi
PTI.mobi
Que.mobi
Sez.mobi
Ump.mobi
Uzi.mobi
VCR.mobi
1002.mobi
1003.mobi
1005.mobi
1006.mobi
1007.mobi
1008.mobi
1009.mobi
1911.mobi
1920.mobi
1922.mobi
1929.mobi
1930.mobi
1940.mobi
1945.mobi
1950.mobi
1963.mobi
1964.mobi
1966.mobi
1967.mobi
1968.mobi
1969.mobi
1970.mobi
1971.mobi
1972.mobi
1973.mobi
1974.mobi
1976.mobi
1977.mobi
1978.mobi
1979.mobi
1980.mobi
1982.mobi
1983.mobi
1984.mobi
1985.mobi
1986.mobi
1987.mobi
1988.mobi
1989.mobi
1990.mobi
1991.mobi
1992.mobi
1993.mobi
1994.mobi
1995.mobi
1996.mobi
1997.mobi
1998.mobi
2001.mobi
2002.mobi
2003.mobi
2004.mobi
2005.mobi
2017.mobi
2018.mobi
2019.mobi
2022.mobi
2023.mobi
2024.mobi
2025.mobi
2026.mobi
2030.mobi
2040.mobi
2050.mobi
2500.mobi
2600.mobi
2800.mobi
3030.mobi
4040.mobi
5050.mobi
6060.mobi
7070.mobi
3500.mobi
3800.mobi
4500.mobi
5500.mobi
8500.mobi
9700.mobi
9292.mobi
111111.mobi
333333.mobi
555555.mobi
777777.mobi
999999.mobi

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
davieboy said:
Has anyone else had notification either way on this mobi sale?

I tried my luck with two. The whois is still showing 'Pool' but, nothing from them either way.

Just wondering if anyone else had a yea or nea yet ? :td:

this is the first and last time I'm dealing with Pool.com.. not only have not heard anything about my orders but they don't respond to emails

•••
Gosh. I got all of the names that I was going after in this second chance purchase. Got a confirmation right away.

JUST KIDDING!
Jeremy

•••
What happens when if there are no bidders for the names?

Didn't get in on time :td: I'm hoping I can sneak in the back door or something

-Steve

•••
I got 21 of the 32 I wanted from that list. I just received an email from them this morning with the list of names that I got. I also checked my bank account online and saw that I had been billed for the names.

•••
I've also just recieved an email, I got 1 out of the two I went for.

•••
I got 1 out of 11.

Gripes!

How do I review my names in my Pool account?

Jeremy

creekway said:
I got 21 of the 32 I wanted from that list. I just received an email from them this morning with the list of names that I got. I also checked my bank account online and saw that I had been billed for the names.

•••
It's under the 'Successful Backorders' tab.

•••
i received a message now telling that i got ler.mobi
ler means read in brazil.
thanks.
bye.

•••
I got mph.mobi and dbx.mobi

•••
•••
On the first day of the landrush I ordered a name and it went to auction. Of all the names I had went for I assumed that this one would be the most sought after. Sure enough it sat in my account for 7 days with me in green.... and then 2 minutes from the end of the auction someone started bidding. I didn't bid back as I have like I said a few I'm happy with. After the auction I saw that the person bidding had been willing to go to up to $200 for it.

However, today the domain has suddenly appeared back under my 'new tld's/mobi orders' tab as well as the 'backorders' tab. :td:

Has the person who bid for it not paid yet hence it's sudden reappearance in my backorders ? Or, are Pool putting a backorder in for me for 2 years time ?? D-: I haven't had any emails or anything from them.

No idea in the slightest whats going on there so any hints would be much appreciated. I'm new to Pool and their 'ways'. :-/

•••
verbster said:
I got mph.mobi and dbx.mobi

I think mph.mobi is just awesome. I'm jealous :) , want to make a quick 20$ ?? hehe

•••
i was able to get uhf.mobi just trying to get some more. There are quite a few ok ones still available on the pool list.

•••
I think the NNNN's will be desirable... I didn't get these @ Pool, but I have 1200, 7500 and some others

•••
MinionDH said:
this is the first and last time I'm dealing with Pool.com.. not only have not heard anything about my orders but they don't respond to emails
Same here. So I called them. A friendly person said that they had some trouble with payments and had to go through them all manually. Once this is done, so he promised, we'd receive our login information. He couldn't tell me when this would be.

•••
Same here. So I called them. A friendly person said that they had some trouble with payments and had to go through them all manually. Once this is done, so he promised, we'd receive our login information. He couldn't tell me when this would be.
Every time I call Pool, I get a different excuse. It appears they either use or own several registrars for acquring domains. Each domain I "won" from them will be registered through a different company: whitecow, namescout and dontaskwhy. So far, I've received no contact from any of these registrars, and my mobi domains still don't show up as mine. (The two I bought through godaddy showed up as mine in just minutes.)

•••
I talked briefly to someone at Pool Friday.

He assured me that I would recieve an email or a call if any of my orders failed due to my credit card.

It took Dotster about 5 days to clear up my winning pre-regs so it's best just to be patient and monitor your email and phone calls closely (I'm sure you are ;) )

I don't mean to take anything away from Dotster by saying that. Dotster did a great job of getting me some nice domains in this land rush. It was worth every bit of the wait.

I was also informed that it is a holiday on Monday in Canada and Pool will be closed so it might take a bit of time to get things all sorted out.

•••
I can't figure it out..I won a auction at Pool for a domain thats at namescout..which I have a account at already.. and that that domain was put in my account..This is after I won a .mobi thats also regged at namescount and is still not yet in my account...and yes I already paid for my .mobi as its on my statement.

jim

•••
think said:
... so it's best just to be patient and monitor your email and phone calls closely ...
Sound advice. Still waiting as well for payment finalization and notification of log-in.

•••
•••
Nope, nada. I acquired several mobi domains on September 28 and still don't have access to any of them. In other words, they have been holding my domains hostage for two weeks now. ;( ;(

•••
Pool seems to have a lot of room for improvement in the communications area. I would at least expect a status update from them.

If anyone from pool.com is reading this, it should be obvious that you need to establish a dialogue with your customer base and improve your communications before you alienate even more people.

•••
Looks like Pool did a great job snapping up domains though. Too bad I didn't know that they were out there.

•••
I Want My Domains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone received access to their pool.com .mobi domains yet? I have some that were acquired through auctions and some from the first day of landrush and they all show payment received, yet I've received no access to my domains yet. I'm starting to worry that I may not get them. I've sent several emails and have gotten one response...

"Thank you for contacting Pool.com, we are pleased to assist you with your inquiry.
You will receive access to your .mobi domains through Namescout.com as soon as possible. I have not yet been provided a specific time frame on when we expect to begin adding .mobi domains to accounts that our clients can login to when managing their domains, however we do consider completing that process to be a priority so it will be done as soon as possible.
If there are any domains you do not already have access to, that are not .mobi's, then please reply and indicate which domains you are inquiring about.
Thank you for using Pool.com"

I received that two days ago and still nothing. Also, the registrars are not just "namescout". I also have ones I've never heard of like "white cow", "dontaskwhy" and "invisible". Has anyone heard of these before?

•••
inetanywhere said:
have gotten one response...
Ditto. Received exactly the same response.

I received that two days ago and still nothing. Also, the registrars are not just "namescout". I also have ones I've never heard of like "white cow", "dontaskwhy" and "invisible". Has anyone heard of these before?
Ditto.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back