Domain Empire

.mobi Pool .MOBI Sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just recieved an email from Pool saying they acquired a large number of .Mobi's and now they're having a sale on 2,000+ .mobis. First come, first serve. Here's the list:
http://service.pool.com/cgi-bin/poo...=AvkG~wr_Dv8S8kb5Ghoe~yL~Jvkq~3z~~w**&2=90658

Not too many gems. Here are a few that stood out (some may have TM issues):
AFI.mobi
AKC.mobi
APO.mobi
APU.mobi
AVN.mobi
BLO.mobi
Burrito.mobi
CKY.mobi
DDDD.mobi
FFFF.mobi
FUC.mobi
Gus.mobi
InCall.mobi
InCalls.mobi
IndiaSex.mobi
KMK.mobi
Kool.mobi
LLLL.mobi
MVA.mobi
NNNN.mobi
OutCall.mobi
OutCalls.mobi
Pick.mobi
PTI.mobi
Que.mobi
Sez.mobi
Ump.mobi
Uzi.mobi
VCR.mobi
1002.mobi
1003.mobi
1005.mobi
1006.mobi
1007.mobi
1008.mobi
1009.mobi
1911.mobi
1920.mobi
1922.mobi
1929.mobi
1930.mobi
1940.mobi
1945.mobi
1950.mobi
1963.mobi
1964.mobi
1966.mobi
1967.mobi
1968.mobi
1969.mobi
1970.mobi
1971.mobi
1972.mobi
1973.mobi
1974.mobi
1976.mobi
1977.mobi
1978.mobi
1979.mobi
1980.mobi
1982.mobi
1983.mobi
1984.mobi
1985.mobi
1986.mobi
1987.mobi
1988.mobi
1989.mobi
1990.mobi
1991.mobi
1992.mobi
1993.mobi
1994.mobi
1995.mobi
1996.mobi
1997.mobi
1998.mobi
2001.mobi
2002.mobi
2003.mobi
2004.mobi
2005.mobi
2017.mobi
2018.mobi
2019.mobi
2022.mobi
2023.mobi
2024.mobi
2025.mobi
2026.mobi
2030.mobi
2040.mobi
2050.mobi
2500.mobi
2600.mobi
2800.mobi
3030.mobi
4040.mobi
5050.mobi
6060.mobi
7070.mobi
3500.mobi
3800.mobi
4500.mobi
5500.mobi
8500.mobi
9700.mobi
9292.mobi
111111.mobi
333333.mobi
555555.mobi
777777.mobi
999999.mobi

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
where do i click to buy on the POOL site? I can't find a link to this first come first serve option.

•••
Here's what the email says:
"If you are interested in acquiring some or all of the domains in this list, please login to your Pool.com account and place orders for them on the New TLDs page with the .MOBI Order Tool. Your orders must be placed by 5PM EST tomorrow (September 29, 2006). If we are unable to confirm payment for these domains by that time, the domains will be awarded to the first person who has placed an order for them. In addition to ordering the .MOBI domains in your Pool.com account, please also respond to this email and specify the number of domains you would like to purchase."

I'm curious to see what you get :)

Last edited:
•••
What is the email address?

Jeremy

MinionDH said:
"If you are interested in acquiring some or all of the domains in this list, please login to your Pool.com account and place orders for them on the New TLDs page with the .MOBI Order Tool. Your orders must be placed by 5PM EST tomorrow (September 29, 2006). If we are unable to confirm payment for these domains by that time, the domains will be awarded to the first person who has placed an order for them. In addition to ordering the .MOBI domains in your Pool.com account, please also respond to this email and specify the number of domains you would like to purchase."

•••
•••
I got this email aswell!

•••
•••
according to mobi whois, sh*tpool.mobi is still available!

pool.com = crooked capitalism

•••
sf2010 said:
according to mobi whois, sh*tpool.mobi is still available!

pool.com = crooked capitalism

sorry there are you saying that they are letting you bid premium for domains

that were still not registered ?

•••
I think anybody that is signed up to get pool's daily list's got that email. Just a way to say" Hey suckers, come and drive the prices of these babies up" ;)

•••
These domains are supposedly a prediction of names they don't feel will be paid for by what they call "deadbeat" non-payers. People with Pool accounts got the e-mail. I'm guessing if you sign up for an account, you can try for any of them. This is not an auction...first application gets the domain....if the original pre-regger fails to pay by 5 p.m. EST.

•••
From what I read, was if more than one put in for the name, then there would be an auction. So do you think only one person will put in for let say VCR or Pick etc? Maybe It was from a differant email. I'm not sure now. lol

Well, good luck if anybody put in for any.

Last edited:
•••
Also from the list:

MPH.mobi
POO.mobi

•••
The domains for auction were the domains pre-reg'd by more than one Pool member. Four of my domains like that are in auction now.

This sale is not like that, according to the email sent (shown up higher in this string); it's first-come, first-serve for domains not paid for.

•••
MinionDH said:

Dang, I ordered the domain phonesearch.mobi on pool as soon as I got the e-mail yesterday around 6:30 pm EST, but I forgot to reply to the e-mail until now when I saw this post. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances of getting it. Since it is first come first serve, I think my chances are good if they go by when I ordered it and not when I replied.

•••
did anyone get any of these??

jim

•••
I placed a few orders yesterday but now that the 5PM has come and gone I'm not sure if I got any (how do I find out)? This is the first time I've ordered through Pool and it seems a bit confusing..

•••
MinionDH said:
I placed a few orders yesterday but now that the 5PM has come and gone I'm not sure if I got any (how do I find out)? This is the first time I've ordered through Pool and it seems a bit confusing..

I am trying to find out. When I click to look at my backorders, I get a IE page not found error.

•••
In short, there was a no-better way to guarantee that you WOULDN'T get (or pay even MORE for) the name you want than to pre-register with POOL.

:(

GoPC

•••
Pool is pretty slow. I don't show any new domains in either of my backorder folders, either...but that may mean they are just slow, or that I didn't "win" any of the requested domains.

•••
I agree it is very confusing.
I didn't backorder but I clicked at the top right for new tld's.
I emailed them last night around 3am but have had no reply.
On the .mobi orders page my two names show up but the satus has not changed.
J.K.

•••
my prereg is in auction til the 2006-10-03
my second chance? domain is also showing no status change

jim

•••
Good thing Pool didn't reg my name for me. I preregged at GD, but them at pool as insurance. GD got it right away. Pool was still showing it as pending reg hours later.

GoPC said:
In short, there was a no-better way to guarantee that you WOULDN'T get (or pay even MORE for) the name you want than to pre-register with POOL.

:(

GoPC

•••
It looks to me like pool must have tried every single three letter combination. It also looks like they must have gotten a pretty good percentage of them form that list.

•••
Has anyone else had notification either way on this mobi sale?

I tried my luck with two. The whois is still showing 'Pool' but, nothing from them either way.

Just wondering if anyone else had a yea or nea yet ? :td:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back