Not open for further replies.

odditysoftware

Account Closed
Impact
recipeguys.com .......$190.00 .....Time Left: 0d 15h 32m
kidtoys.com .......$913.00 .....Time Left:1d 15h 20m
findarts.com .......$60.00 .....Time Left: 2d 15h 22m
promotor.com .......$135.00 .....Time Left:2d 15h 23m

Just an FYI, because if you backorder one of them, i believe you can get right in on the auction. I don't believe your supposed to get in, but you do, (or at least i have in the past).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
[/Moved to the "Expired's Forum"].
Thanks for the info.
B-)

•••
•••
I heard a rumor that certain privileged frequent bidders at Pool get a whopping discount from their winning bids, thereby artificially inflating the bids!

Is there any truth to this?

:notme:

•••
This is the first i have heard of it, but i would be interested to know the scoop as well. One thing i know for sure is that users are signing up for their affiliate program, and backordering dtheir own domains with the affililiate id, so that way they get 25% back if they win it.

•••
Originally posted by odditysoftware
This is the first i have heard of it, but i would be interested to know the scoop as well. One thing i know for sure is that users are signing up for their affiliate program, and backordering dtheir own domains with the affililiate id, so that way they get 25% back if they win it.

Now that would be a logical move for anyone making frequent or large-ticket bids. Thanks for the tip!

Will I get affiliate credit if I win a bid using the same account as the affiliate? Or do I need to setup a new account for that?

Last edited:
•••
it cannot be the same account, it wust be different. Also note that the 'other' account needs to be registered under a different email address, as they will stopc commissions for that as well.

•••
Wouldnt this be cheating pool? I like it heheh

•••
Originally posted by g0ldy
Wouldnt this be cheating pool? I like it heheh

You can look at it that way, I guess. However, I wouldn't want to be handicapped during bidding. If I had a $1,000 budget on a name, and receive 25% back for winning Pool bids, then that means that I can bid up to $1,333 and still remain within budget. If I don't do this, then someone who does do it, even with a smaller budget - say, $760 - can bid up to $1,010 and still beat my $1,000 budget.

I think Pool should rethink their affiliate commission procedure. Otherwise, this will continue being a problem for them.

•••
•••
•••
hey cool guy can u appraise my domains lol

•••
What appraise This? This is the" Expired forums."

Nice info on pool though I dont use it.

•••
•••
>>I heard a rumor that certain privileged frequent bidders at Pool get a whopping discount from their winning bids, thereby artificially inflating the bids!

Is there any truth to this?<<

Where did you hear this rumour?

•••
Heard at namepros chat. Also allegedly posted at DNF, which I can't access.

•••
>>Also allegedly posted at DNF<< Can anyone confirm this? I'm in the same boat...

•••
pool

oddity...

how do you know these prices?

•••
Re: pool

Originally posted by domaintrader
oddity...

how do you know these prices?

If you ordered the name at pool, and they catch it, then it goes to an auction process. As an interested bidder, you can see the current high bid.

•••
pool

thanks oddity...I have never used them before so I wasnt sure...thanks for sharing all the price information as well, as someone who is interested in the domain name business it is interesting to see what domain names sell for . I own some and often get crackpots emailing me with offers of 19.99!!!! In truth its often hard for me to know what a name is worth but when you see what they get at auctions it gives one a little bit better perspective anyways so thanks again for sharing on the forum.

•••
no problem, by the way kod.com is at $34,000.00 with 28 minutes to go... jeez

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back