Dynadot

Polurnets been hacked!

NameSilo
Watch

inspiration100

DomainersNewsletter.comVIP Member
Impact
Is everyones website down that hosts with polurnet? polurnet.com shows:

Annihilating Of Systems ownz your b0x irc.gigachat.net #A.O.S ownz by __HyOgA__ contact : [email protected] =x F***GRINGOS :)

Not cool whoever did this. I'm sure he'll get it fixed quickly. :td:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think someone here needs to pm polurnet and fast, who would do such a thing?

i think some exploit on .htaccess

PM sent

•••
Mine is with Midphase. And I have mine attacked yesterday. Thank god some helpful members here helped me recovered the website. :)

•••
I dont think it is affecting anyones site just a defacement on main page although thats bad enough. The rest of there site is ok. http://forums.polurnet.com/

•••
Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for the alerts/PM. We'll fix that shortly and assess the damage :td:

Really crazy that this occured! :| Like KPR said, most of the other parts of the site are still intact

FYI, no hosted sites or any customers are affected. This was an isolated incident directed only at our main homepage. As we have several servers, having an issue where all customers affected are rare, if not impossible

Last edited:
•••
lol, your avatar says reliable 24/7...as I see it your hosting is weak if someone could easily hack it...btw I am guessing someone from NP did it for fun. You advertise all over this site and there are 20k+ people. I would talk to RJ.

•••
PCWebAdvice said:
lol, your avatar says reliable 24/7...as I see it your hosting is weak if someone could easily hack it...btw I am guessing someone from NP did it for fun. You advertise all over this site and there are 20k+ people. I would talk to RJ.

lol? Firstly, not funny at all. Secondly, no customers are affected on any of our servers, and all support continues through the helpdesk, etc; neither is our databases or anything else apart from the homepage. We survived DDoS attacks in the past, and other hackers, so this is always bound to happen at some point or another.

Clearly, a definition of what constitutes "reliability" is not in your dicitionary, provided your blatant ignorance of your post. Defacement of the only homepage, although rare, demonstrates the hacker was not able to infiltrate any further due to the measures we have in place. Obviously, you have no idea about the nature nor the effects of what happened, so my "Advice" (pun intended) is to keep comments to yourself when you know zilch about what happened.

Last edited:
•••
Dear dear PCWEB'ADVICE', Do your advice stunts to some kid on your block. Heard of Hotmail being hacked? Google being hacked? IBM COreX Servers being hacked? If not kindly keep a look out for hackers who would hack your mind. Your mind is so easy to be infiltrated. I suppose someone has already done that. When a person's mind isnt strong against hackers, how do you expect a machine "not built by us" but some "other guys out there" and used by us to be perfect? Ever heard of the theory of idealism? That there is nothing ideal, and anything which approaches idealism wouldnt exist anymore? Go check your car's hood and see if the engine is OK. Praise carnot for his idealism and yours being a 23% efficient one. No hardfeelings, yet it isnt right to claim yourself being the bossy around, when many many NPers trust and believe in our service. Sorry if I said anything which hurts you. 24/7 reliability = 24/7 redundancy = 24/7 support!!

•••
I dont host with polurnet, but I speak from experince when i say that your post is out of line, and you have proven to me you have no idea what your talking about. :hehe:

PCWebAdvice said:

•••
I would still choose polurNet over any hosting provider hands down . I Have had no problems EVER with them and trust there service 100%

And with that being said I should probally pay my invoice before I get shut off...hahahah

•••
Go check your car's hood and see if the engine is OK.
haha, thats too funny.

Looks like everythings back to normal :)

•••
lol if you site was hacked it must have been worth it no ones going to hack a worth less little freewebs site.

I knwo polur net has ou standing servies, though i have never used they had no custmer proublems and i do think what he said is out of line i run my own box so i knwo how ahard it is.

- John

•••
Its a simple exploit.. they are claiming to be hackers.. using the same exploit that got the servers my site is on not long ago... they cant do much except update the index page and claim they got root.. Very childish..

There should be a security update for apache somewhere about this.

•••
UD said:
Its a simple exploit.. they are claiming to be hackers.. using the same exploit that got the servers my site is on not long ago... they cant do much except update the index page and claim they got root.. Very childish..

Yes I agree.

:hehe:

•••
Hey,

Is it me or is it that polurnet.com is offline? All night it has been coming on and off. With e-mail not working, MySQL connection errors, Extremely slow web site loading.

Anyone else had these same problems over night?

•••
ipodman said:
Hey,

Is it me or is it that polurnet.com is offline? All night it has been coming on and off. With e-mail not working, MySQL connection errors, Extremely slow web site loading.

Anyone else had these same problems over night?

Had a quick check on their main site and it seems to be working fine on my end.

•••
Hi,

Well for me its now my DB are not working:-

mysql_connect(): Too many connections
/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 279

for me this is about the 40th time so far today that i have got this e-mail! Means my forum is down!

•••
ipodman said:
Hi,

Well for me its now my DB are not working:-

mysql_connect(): Too many connections
/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 279

for me this is about the 40th time so far today that i have got this e-mail! Means my forum is down!
Hello,
For support, submit an email or ticket if you'd like us to diagnose your issues; we have no idea what server you're on, as our main sites are hosted separately and no others have reported any similar issues thus far. This thread is not designed for technical support

UD said:

Yeah, although according to hacking site databases, they hit around 5 other websites in May, also homepage attacks. Our initial speculation is the fact register_globals was turned on for that particular server, however the exact diagnosis is quite difficult to obtain. Right now, what's quite annoying is the fact they tried to continually spam our main servers, clogging up the mail queue... some people just have nothing better to do in life, and enjoy giving a hard time for no good reason :|

•••
You obviously have no idea how these things work so you shouldent comment. One attack in no way means that their "hosting is weak" or easy to hack. Polurnet could simply have been targeted by a zero-day (not publicly available or patched) exploit of which they would have no defense against. Im pretty sure they have all of the essential services to block these kind of attacks but no web server can ever be 100% secure, if its connected to the internet - someone can hack it.

And no, how on earth would you know if its someone from namepros? Im pretty sure this isnt polurnet's only place to advertise their services and I doubt the attacker originally reached it from a forum.

PCWebAdvice said:

•••
PolurNET said:
Right now, what's quite annoying is the fact they tried to continually spam our main servers, clogging up the mail queue... some people just have nothing better to do in life, and enjoy giving a hard time for no good reason :|

I couldn't agree more with you, some people do have way to much time on thier hands.

•••
I am saying the big sites, I.E. Go Daddy, would have never had that problem. It just shows incosistancy and in my opinion could scare off quite a bit of potential customers. I still think you should bring it up with R.J. The hacker is probably reading this now and getting a kick out of it. My guess is too that they might try it again.

•••
I don't like you automatically assuming it was a NamePros member.
No Proof

Innocent until proven guilty?

Tom

•••
Well true that but PolurNet is advertised all over this site, which is a good thing. But with 20,000 + members I would say this is the #1 spot that people learn about the site. Also, everyone knows there are a bunch of members on here who host threw the site. Seems like the perfect target if you wanted to brag about something.

•••
PCWebAdvice said:
I am saying the big sites, I.E. Go Daddy, would have never had that problem. It just shows incosistancy and in my opinion could scare off quite a bit of potential customers. I still think you should bring it up with R.J. The hacker is probably reading this now and getting a kick out of it. My guess is too that they might try it again.
GoDaddy hosting customers victim to massive hack?

•••
So eat my words. Note they were Turkish hackers and probably pretty good at their job. This was done by, most likely, a kid. If anything it is a chance to increase security. Better later than never. I wasn't trying to be a mean person, I was just tryinig to post my opinions and the fact of reality that it is probably someone on this forum.

I don't mean to offend anyone, so please do not take it personal.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back