DAN.com

polurnets been hacked!

Located in Web Hosting Discussion, started by inspiration100, Jul 3, 2006

Replies:
Views:

1. PolurNET

PolurNET Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Well, no, your reasoning is flawed. The premise about the Namepros connection is not one supported by evidence. These are known hackers, from Brazil or another location, and documented on hacking databases as a group, as I mentioned previously. You can do a google search yourself, none of the sites they already hacked are Namepros-related ones. Furthermore, it is highly unlikely a namepros member would do such a thing, and this is far from the only large place where we are talked about or known for, it is rather the more popular place we advertise on.

In any case, I know you don't mean to interfere, but the point is the measures taken to prevent these type of disturbances are never fool-proof, and are bound to be tested on by individuals with no better things to do. On the other hand, we are implementing whatever measures we can to ensure the best possible security within our control.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jewlz_K

Jewlz_K Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Best of luck to you with your security measures polurnet.

3. dc1pop

dc1pop VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Not being funny with you but the likes of GoDaddy and Google have a lot more money then PolurNET have, (No digg at you Anad or PolurNET). Google and GoDaddy cannot be comapred to a quality smallish hosting company.

Its like trying to compare 1&1 with PolurNET yes 1&1 are bigger so the chances it would happen to them a slim as its probably monitored 24/7 by staff all around the world.

Yes i know Anad has support staff around the world and they are good at thier job and what they do they are a small hosting company who CARE about their clients something which the likes of 1&1 and possibly GoDaddy dont really care.

Although some of the above is off topic its pathetic to claim in the slightest that this wouldnt happen to GoDaddy or sites such as Google to the amount of money backing they have.

4. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Account Closed

You don't have to have a lot of money to code well...

5. UD

UD Account Closed

6. Mystic

Mystic Account Closed

They have dedicated teams checking constantly that the site is okay, PolurNET unfortunately dont, Our sites are on seperate servers to their main server, it caused none of us any harm, it was simply a stupid script kiddy

7. -db-

-db- NamePros Inc. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

PCWebAdvice,

The assumption that the hacker is a NP member is a leap. It could be anybody from anywhere. Heck, it might be a PCWebAdvice.com member for all we know.

8. PolurNET

PolurNET Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

This is not a coding issue, as I stated before. It's best if you don't make premises without evidence.

And yes, as noted above there are differences between us and the so-called big guys, obviously; nevertheless, as Scott pulled up, GoDaddy's own customers were hacked earlier last month, making your argument fall apart instantly.

Chelsie, yep, that's the site that lists those hackers; one can evidently see they have no relevance with namepros.

Well, we do have all-day server monitoring technicians, however as stated above, even GoDaddy was not able to prevent their customers from being hacked. Hacking can happen to anyone at anytime, as no security measures are fail-safe, else we wouldn't have hackers trying everyday. In any case, everything is solved now, and let's hope some group doesn't try to pull this off to anyone, god forbid.

PS: Not sure if you realize, not too long ago, many domain forums such as DP, NP, DNF, etc. were all hacked... are you going to start blaming vBulletin now?? Obviously, each had their own cause, and no single solution exists to stop every problem in the world... face the reality! :yell:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  9. slipondajimmy

slipondajimmy VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hell Microsoft and the US Airforce website has been "hacked" in the past. Its a childish act. Once again I must say I trust polurnet to the fullest and im sure they will be everything in there power to make sure this never happens again.

10. slider

slider It's MACHINE code. VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Heed the advice of fellow NPers...stop talking. :yell:

11. Something Vague

Something Vague Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

PCWebAdvice,

I'm curious - on your website, PCWebAdvice.com, are you the provider or receiver of this so called advice? If you are the receiver, please... apply the granted knowledge?

PolurNET,

I've seen this problem going around lately, someone I know has had similar issues. I don't suppose you would mind posting/PMing me with information how you fixed it? It would be great if my friend's site would stop being hacked. Glad to see you're back though, cheers.

12. inspiration100

inspiration100 DomainersNewsletter.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

glad everythings back to normal!

13. Noner

Noner Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Strange that big hosting company like that can be affected so, but there always must be
    a hole, where hacker can enter from. Just need to look after the security of the company more, I think.

14. scribby

scribby Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

One of the reasons I never have Register Globals enabled on my servers, scripts that need Register Globals enabled are designed badly.

15. LeetPCUser

LeetPCUser Account Closed

lol, nobody on my site knows how to hack...

16. cwnt

cwnt Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

So you know everybody on your website personally enough to know exactly what they do/can do in their free time?
    I wouldn't try to pass this off as a joke, or continuing to try to backup your points. Just accept and admit that you are wrong, and hopefully people will let it drop.

17. Camron

Camron VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Maybe everyone on his site is all him? :hehe:

18. True_Snake

True_Snake In-House Graphic Designer VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Alrighty, this thread has gone way off. It wasn't supposed to be an opportunity to declare a host's lack of security, etc. If you are still having problems, contact your host's support.

Thank you :) .

True_Snake

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice