Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain PokerTalk.com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

shagmoz

Established Member
Impact
0
Hi,

I own the domain and someone has offered me $5000 not sure if I should sell or if its worth a lot more?

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Nice offer for a -talk.com domain, but I'd say it's still on the low side.

Here's a few recent comps, checking on dnsaleprice.com

PokerForums.net sold for $7k (a fluke?)
PokerNews.tv $5k
PokerCenter.com $3.3k
 
0
•••
Thanks for the response.

So in your opinion I could a couple thousand more? or are you thinking in the 10-15k range?

Thanks
 
0
•••
Very nice name. Id definately give developing a try with this one. If you can get a nice looking forum and bring a bit of traffic you shouldnt have a problem bringing in some revenue ($200 per casino signup/$100 poker signup).
Id love to have this name to give it a go.

Good luck
 
0
•••
shagmoz said:
Thanks for the response.

So in your opinion I could a couple thousand more? or are you thinking in the 10-15k range?

Thanks
PokerTalk.com is about the best name possible you could get for a Poker related forum, blog, or newsletter.

I don't know who your buyer is, or how badly you need a sale for that matter, but I'd value the name around $7500 or more. $5k is a good offer and worth considering if you need the cash, but if it were me I'd hold it for a better price.
 
0
•••
I'm inclined to agree with the others. You can probably get more for it, but $5000 is a serious, reasonable offer.
 
0
•••
I do agree with everone here. Its the best name u can have for a forum dedicated to poker. why dont you try and develop it?

srisri24
---------------
www.iimforums.com the best online student forum for indian students
 
0
•••
It's a very nice name you've got there. Great name for a forum about poker. I don't know the exact value but I think $5k is an ok offer
 
0
•••
Hi,

Thanks for all your input it is greatly appreciated.

I also have a few other domains

rakeshare.com
theamall.com

any thoughts on those?

Thanks
 
0
•••
Take $5k.
 
0
•••
If you need quick bucks, $5k is reasonable offer, otherwise you can sit on it for more time and I'm sure you'll get better offers, it is best name for a poker forum.
 
0
•••
Have you owned pokertalk.com since 2002? How did you get it?
 
0
•••
If you need the money, $5K is a decent offer in my opinion. Otherwise, hold for more... I have approx. 30 Poker Domains and wish I had this one in my portfolio. Good luck!
 
0
•••
Hi,

Yes I have owned since '02. It was free when I registered it, I was planning big things and never got around to it.

My biggest problem now is I have used escrow.com at the request of the buyer but the transfer of domain seems to be hard to do in a way that protects me and escrow.com offers not much help in regards to the transfer of ownership.

Again thanks for all the input.

Marc
 
0
•••
I sold PokerState.com for 1500 dollars. PokerTalk.com is easily three times better. 5k is a good price, but you could get a little more if you hold out.

I don't see anyone offering more than 10k unless you find a targeted end user.


Escrow.com should be safe, best of luck.
 
0
•••
-RJ- said:
PokerTalk.com is about the best name possible you could get for a Poker related forum, blog, or newsletter.

I don't know who your buyer is, or how badly you need a sale for that matter, but I'd value the name around $7500 or more. $5k is a good offer and worth considering if you need the cash, but if it were me I'd hold it for a better price.

Best I make good use of the name then :p
 
0
•••
Commerce.co.uk said:
Best I make good use of the name then :p

I am sure you will. I always thought it was worth a lot more. If it makes you millions I just hope you will remember who sold it to you :)

Regards,

Marc
 
0
•••
That is a great name! I also think it's in the low to mid xxx.xx
 
0
•••
That is a great name! I also think it's in the low to mid xxx.xx
That's a typo, right? You meant xxxx.xx didn't you?
 
0
•••
good offer

i would not sell at that price
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back