Dynadot

póker.us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My first IDN purchase! :red:
What do you guys think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who use standard keyboards, but didn't someone sell something similar under a different TDL for around $50k?

•••
I don't even know how to type " ó " . And, just in case you're wondering, I copied and pasted that ó. lol I would say get your money back, if you still can. If not, try your hardest to sell it to you a spanish speaking compnay.

Tory %%-

•••
Last I heard IDNs were not allowed in .us

I don't think this is real.

BTW, "póker" seems to only be used in Hungarian and Icelandic. I don't see any value in a mostly English and Spanish TLD, even if it was real. IMO.

Last edited:
•••
hehe... ó is polish letter.

read the same like u

it's not idn.

•••
ó in Polish is u
so this word sounds like pooker

edit: Walec You was first :P

•••
Since when do US Tld do IDNs?!

•••
Weird thing...
I didn't knew that IDN's couldn't be used on .US.
But Moniker let me register it Anyway :|
Exactly,the letter "ó" its in Hungarian and Icelandic countries.
Thank you guys for your thoughts :)

•••
Callmoney said:
Weird thing...
I didn't knew that IDN's couldn't be used on .US.
But Moniker let me register it Anyway :|
Exactly,the letter "ó" its in Hungarian and Icelandic countries.
Thank you guys for your thoughts :)

Double check its registered through whois.

Is the puny code:
xn--pker-qqa.us ? Showing up blank on whois at the moment as that, though it may be too new to be shown yet.

I have run an IDN through moniker before that didn't register even though it appeared it had. The only way to be sure is to use puny code when registering not the actual characters, imho.

•••
astroman said:
I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who use standard keyboards, but didn't someone sell something similar under a different TDL for around $50k?

Just for the record astroman, much of the world uses a "standard keyboard" to type in their own language that is non-english. For example, the Japanese do it. Chinese do it. Latinate languages use it. Germanic languages use it. Weird, I know, but its the truth.

Regardless of whether or not one is a fan, it doesn't matter, most people don't speak english and don't care to. IDNs are the domain names that will matter to most of the world given a little bit more time.

As for the .us domain name - dude, .us totally does not accept IDNs. Check whois again.

•••
rhys said:
Just for the record astroman, much of the world uses a "standard keyboard" to type in their own language that is non-english. For example, the Japanese do it. Chinese do it. Latinate languages use it. Germanic languages use it. Weird, I know, but its the truth.

Regardless of whether or not one is a fan, it doesn't matter, most people don't speak english and don't care to. IDNs are the domain names that will matter to most of the world given a little bit more time.

As for the .us domain name - dude, .us totally does not accept IDNs. Check whois again.

I do take the view though that a Japanese person will have more luck selling his Japanese Domains than I will, which is a consideration you must have in business, reseller sales aside. Having said that I have a few IDN's, about 0.25% of my portfolio, which is all I am willing to speculate on such a long term unknown at this time but I have confidence IDN sales will pick up considerably for people who know what they are doing in their native language.

•••
rhys said:
Just for the record astroman, much of the world uses a "standard keyboard" to type in their own language that is non-english.

I speak three different languages and understand that different countries have their own keyset localizations, but what I said was just my opinion and I feel that English, as it is now, is the most universal language. Having a ó as part of a .us name defiantly makes it hard for the audience that the .us is aimed towards to visit.

•••
astroman said:
I speak three different languages and understand that different countries have their own keyset localizations, but what I said was just my opinion and I feel that English, as it is now, is the most universal language. Having a ó as part of a .us name defiantly makes it hard for the audience that the .us is aimed towards to visit.

Respect for your opinion. I understand and agree with your restatement. The .us extension is a loser extension for IDNs in my opinion. So you didn't actually mean:

"I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who use standard keyboards"

you actually meant:

"I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who only speak English as their primary language (which is a relatively small number of people globally)."

•••
rhys said:
Respect for your opinion. I understand and agree with your restatement. The .us extension is a loser extension for IDNs in my opinion. So you didn't actually mean:

"I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who use standard keyboards"

you actually meant:

"I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who only speak English as their primary language (which is a relatively small number of people globally)."

If I was to rephrase it then I would as follows, "I'm not a fan of the whole international domain name thing, at least not if you are marketing towards people who do not use "ó" regularly."

Out of respect to the poster, I don't wish to take this any further in this forum. If you want to debate or just vent, then just PM me.

•••
Nope, no need to vent. Perfectly happy. :laugh:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back