Domain Empire

status-monitor Pm's idea

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you want read receipts in Private Conversations?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, I want everyone to know when I've read their messages

• No, I will respond if I want them to know I've read their messsages

• Either, I don't have a preference

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
Hello to all np members. As member here, i have an idea about conversation messages. It would be better to have an indication down-right or down-left in the messages which are read by the recipient. Like facebook model.Following this, you will know if others have read your pm's. It's an idea, i don't know if you like it or not.

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Agree; flippa have a similar feature - under message they show 'seen + time' for example seen 2 days ago; seen 10 secs ago etc

•••
To be honest, i don't know if it is really possible to be done. However, especially when we are in transaction process this function could be very useful. Thank you @tldboss

•••
, you will know if others have read your pm's. It's an idea, i don't know if you like it or not.

Thank you!
On the other side of the coin, what if I don't want the sender to know that I read the message?
For instance, I am not ready to answer yet. Or I don't want to answer.

Some members post domain requests for specific niches and they ask you to send the domain name through PM's.

Lot of these members find their domains that way but they also get flooded with domains that don't fit their requests (garbage names). Pretty sure that some of these members that send garbage or "unwanted" name can be a nuisance (follow up emails.."wondering if you are...")

I can see the advantages of your idea but also the disadvantages.

•••
On the other side of the coin, what if I don't want the sender to know that I read the message?
For instance, I am not ready to answer yet. Or I don't want to answer.

Some members post domain requests for specific niches and they ask you to send the domain name through PM's.

Lot of these members find their domains that way but they also get flooded with domains that don't fit their requests (garbage names). Pretty sure that some of these members that send garbage or "unwanted" name can be a nuisance (follow up emails.."wondering if you are...")

I can see the advantages of your idea but also the disadvantages.
My answer is simple. ''Message read'' function can only applies to members who have ''show your online status'' on, or just it can applies to your friends only. However, i think it is not big problem for me.

•••
My answer is simple. ''Message read'' function can only applies to members who have ''show your online status'' on, or just it can applies to your friends only. However, i think it is not big problem for me.
Not every member knows how to turn on or off "show your online status" option.

Kinda of like the "friend/follower" option.

This is a classic example of a PM that I recently recieved and sure don't want known that was read..

hi friend,
i see that you are really star in this forum
i want to ask you and taking your advice cause i think that you are really super expert!
i own 2 good domains:

How do I know that if the sender knew that I read it (I dont reply to those types of PM's or emails), I wouldnt get more or be put on some "briguy read his emails" spammer list?

Not much difference between answering a spam PM or email..

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back