IT.COM

Please review NameFit.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
http://www.NameFit.com is a unique concept what allows the buyers of the names to post their needs. Sellers can go in there and bid their names against the needs. I know everyone is used to putting your names for sales across different sites. Most of the buyers on these sites are resellers. This site gives you opportunity to sell your name to the end users and hence get the right price for name.

http://www.NameFit.com - Right name, Right price

Your can take a test drive http://demo.NameFit.com

If you would like to sign up as affiliate also, please let me know through PM. Basically the affiliates get paid for bring the buyers and sellers in for the successful closings. I appreciate everyone's feedback and look forward to getting to getting everyone's support to make it a successful site.

I hope that you find this site useful.

Thanks
Anil

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've seen this site come to life and like it lot. Great site for creatives and for domain sellers that have a domain that fits a buyers 'contest'.

•••
How much fee ?

How you get buyers using your service ?

•••
Hi there are no fees to use the site (from buyers or sellers).

Regarding how to bring buyers to the site -
Most of us are sellers and we come across buyers on daily basis. On an industry average, only 1-2% of the leads (inquiries) get materialized (result into sales). So what happens to rest 98%, the buyers go for other names and sometimes do not even pursue. For those leads that did not result into any sale and you know that buyer is not going to buy the name from you, you can pass on the information about the site http://www.namefit.com to the buyer. That way there is better chance that some other seller is able to make the sale. Plus when the buyers see more names from different sellers, there is a good chance they will rethink their needs thus resulting in more chance of sale - more choices to choose from. So it creates a marketplace for the buyers and sellers rather than buyer himself sifting through hundreds/thousands of names on the domain selling websites and reaching out to individual sellers.

To promote this this feature of referrals, there is a an affiliate program. You get paid:

i) If you refer a buyer and the project successfully closes - meaning there is a winning bid
ii) If you refer a seller if the seller has a winning bid

It is a joint effort on part of sellers. We have been working with number of sellers and this site was conceived.

http://www.namefit.com

Feel free to ask any questions here or by writing to [email protected]

•••
The concept looks good.

But few questions thou -
1. How is a sale going to proceed ? Will you be acting sort of an Escrow service for both the buyers and sellers ? If so what % commission will you be taking ?
2. How much % is given out to the affiliates for referring buyers/sellers.

I have allot more but these are what I can think of from the top of my head.

Also while using you Demo, I tried to select a bid and this is the message I got "Are you sure, you want to Awarded this Bid?". English is not my first language but even I can see there's something wrong with this pop-up.

-Cheers

•••
Hi there, questions are good - helps you refine.

1. How is a sale going to proceed ? Will you be acting sort of an Escrow service for both the buyers and sellers ? If so what % commission will you be taking ?

How it works is that once the bidder has chosen winner, an email is sent to buyers and seller. They can connect with each other make the transaction through escrow.com or other traditional means. This site facilitates the sales. I know the follow up questions would be - what if the seller changes the mind.
Our staff will be in touch with the buyer to see the deal goes through. Whois is the most reliable information on the internet today, so if the seller does not proceed with the transaction, the seller can be 'blacklisted' meaning they can be prevented from making the future bids.

There are no commissions from buyers or sellers.

2. How much % is given out to the affiliates for referring buyers/sellers.

Below is the affiliate commission
i) $5 - If you refer a buyer and the project successfully closes - meaning there is a winning bid
ii) $5 - If you refer a seller if the seller has a winning bid

Since we are not taking any commission from buyers or sellers, so we have to keep low. All the commissions like in other places is much higher, ranging from 15%-30% and all other fees like logo fees, listing fees, membership fees.. etc etc. - lead to less money in sellers pocket. We want to give you what you ask for.

Thanks for noticing the grammatical mistake, I will get this fixed right away.

Looking forward to further questions.

•••
Hi,
This is a truly unique concept that combines the theme of a domain marketplace in the form of a domain name contest. I think that this will be like a contest site for domain names except in naming contests, you can submit only available domain names but here we can submit our domains available for purchase.

•••
Excellent idea, and as BrandFishing said, so useful to all types of domainers

•••
Just given this a try. It is a unique concept. When I click the "i" icon on the projects button I am not getting a readable dropdown in Table view. In Grid view it is fine.

I think the concept has legs if the user interface is easier to understand. For example on the Projects list a nice shiny "submit bid" button would be great to let me know what to do and where to submit my domain for that project.

Hope this helps.

•••
@NameFit -

Fascinating model... bidding for a buyer... this seems like a terrific way to provide specific names for a specific need.

Glancing at the site this morning... below are a few observations / suggestions for the app... I hope they are helpful...

1) (positive) - FAQ's are helpful. But nothing gives a new user a feel for a site like a test drive. I 100% enjoyed the interactive (live) demo. Well done!

2) (positive) - There are 3 steps in the selling process. The 1st step for selling is domain verification. The bulk entry screen to load domains is simple and efficient, especially if you have 10+ domains to submit. Well done. The 2nd step for selling is "bidding" a domain (submitting) to a Project for consideration. This step is much quicker with pre-verified domains to pull from your inventory list. The 3rd step for selling is working directly with a buyer to transfer the domain once you receive a winning bid. I wasn't able to test the 3rd step from the Demo, but assume it is like any other direct sale transfer process. Overall, the Demo is a great tool for testing and for training how to use the site!

3) (positive) - The "How it Works" diagram is easy to follow and the "Step 1 - Step 3" overview box is very helpful. Suggestion - you might to create a YouTube video to help educate new users on how to efficiently submit thier 1st domain for consideratin and an extended version of the video on how to use all the site's features. Also, if you already have a training video available, please consider placing a link to it on the Demo.

4) (negative) - As a value-add to a Seller, it would be nice if the NameFit site collected payment from Buyer (acting as Escrow during the transfer process). Then upon completion of the site transfer, Namefit could release funds to the seller's PayPal account. My concern is "buyer sampling" (shell projects) that leave a seller hanging and potentially frustrated. Then again, the NameFit site is not claiming to be a sales marketplace, it positions itself as an open "domain wanted" contest platform with an opportunity to say "I have one of those, here is what I would sell it for". (sort of like a "help wanted" advertisement - where you read a help wanted ad and post your resume hoping to be a candidate for the job)

5) (suggestion) - To build Seller confidence, can you provide a list of prior "winning bid" domains and "winning bid" price accepted? This would provide me (as a Seller) a guide to common selling prices on the site and would provide me confidence that "bidding" names has led to results. [this may have been on the Demo and I overlooked it]

A couple initial questions:

Q1) Can the Project Requester (buyer) accept more than one bid per Project? For example - buy multiple domains from a single Project? Or does the site use the "one winner, therefore, one buy per Project" model?

Q2) How much time does the buyer have to accept a bid? The reason I ask is... an undefined timeline for a buyer to accept / decline a bid could lead to infinity (no action) and might tie up a domain unfairly during that period. How does the NameFit site handle this situation? (thanks)

Overall - The Namefit app is an interesting model to match buyers with sellers. After taking a test drive on the Demo site, I am going to take the (live) NameFit site for a road test...

-Jim

•••
---

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back