NameSilo

Please!!! I need HELP!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
First of all, Sorry for my poor english.

I'm having a problem, i registered a domain name a week ago, a .org domain, through godaddy.com. I'm using the parked nameservers of godaddy. My problem is that when i type my .org domain in my browser, it shows a sedo error page, instead of the godaddy parked page. So i don't know what is going on, and i'm really new in the domain world and i don't know how to fix this problem. A few days ago i type the domain in my browser and it was pointing to the godaddy parked page, but now, not anymore, now is showing me again the sedo error page. But i checked in my account in godaddy, and the nameservers are ok, so i don't what is going on, maybe someone can give me a hand with this, cause i'm really lost.

Thanks in advance.

Argie.

P/D: BTW, My name is Matias, i'm from Argentina, i'm 23 years old, and i'm a newbie :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you check the whois on the Domain itself, is it still in your name? Kinda strange if its still in your account though... and was working fine. Check the dns in the whois as well while your there....

Mike

•••
Yes, in the whois it is my name, and the godaddy nameservers. But when i type the domain in my browser, is still showing me a sedo error page.

I'm really confused :(

•••
Did you ever point the name at Sedo?

Check the whois for the domain at http://www.pir.org/ (the .org registry) Take note of what nameservers its using and make sure all your details are correct. Maybe there's a problem at GoDaddy. Never heard of this happened before.

•••
I've never pointed the domain to sedo, i register the name last week, it was unregistered. I checked archive.org and it shows that the name was part of a portfolio of domains of someone called dnawarehouse o something like that, but that web site is not online anymore.

I also checked in www.pir.org, and everything seems to be fine, all the data including the nameservers are ok. What would you do in my case??. I really don't know what to do.

Sorry for my poor english.

Argie

•••
I have had this happen a few times at Godaddy. Don't think it's their fault but who knows. Logon to your Godaddy Account, click on domain names, then manage domains, click on your domain name in the list, click on the Forwarding option to the right of the domain name, make sure you do not have the name forwarded to sedo (Even if you did not change it look anyway), if it is being forwarded(Which it probably is), then remove forwarding.

•••
Well, treatist, that was the problem. But now, i can't fix it, i did what you say, but it seems that every time i remove forwarding nothing is happening. How did you fix it when you had that problem??, i mean, what you said is not working for me, i don't understand, maybe i'm doing something wrong :(

Sorry for my poor english

Argie

•••
Sometimes it is note enough just to remove the forwarding. Check with you GoDaddy help desk, but you might have to forward it to some other known address and check to see if that worked.....and...then forward it again back to the address you wanted in the first place. It looks somehow like it is stuck on the current address eventhough you are trying to delete it.

Good luck
meljr

•••
Originally posted by Argie
Well, treatist, that was the problem. But now, i can't fix it, i did what you say, but it seems that every time i remove forwarding nothing is happening. How did you fix it when you had that problem??, i mean, what you said is not working for me, i don't understand, maybe i'm doing something wrong :(

Sorry for my poor english

Argie

If you have removed forwarding but it still shows up. Then as Meljr said, you will need to call Godaddy and get them to manually remove it. I have had that happen one time and Godaddy had to remove it, for some odd reason that part of the database was corrupt.

•••
.org just went through a period where you couldnt update anything. Maybe the update is just lagging.

•••
Now is taking me to the right page (godaddy parked page), but in the forwarding section still shows the sedo error page.

Sorry for my poor english.

Argie

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back