Dynadot

advice Please help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi everyone,

i follow up one potential buyer and he replied this to me:

I actually just heard back from our company that manages our website and they said that the way they have it set up, they feel it would really help us get more leads.
Thanks though for keeping us in mind.

What do you recommend me to answer him?

Thanks in advance :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm having a problem getting my head around your question. It may need rephrasing.

You have a potential buyer which is emailing you about a domain you are trying to sell, and they are telling you that on another domain that they own and the manager of the website says it is setup in such a way which would help them give them more leads?

I would ask them how much is their offer for the domain you are selling.

But it could just be a weak way for them to push their own SEO/Website services. In which case I wouldn't reply.

•••
Thanks @stub , any other advice?

•••
I'm wondering though IF maybe the person that replied to you meant that:

He spoke to the guys that manage his companies website and according to them they way they currently have it set up, your domain WOULDN'T help them get more leads... could it be that it's a typo, maybe he meant to say wouldn't instead of would? (this is a mistake I have made a few times when in a hurry)

•••
The potential buyer here has sent you a confusing reply. It would be fine to reply that their email is unclear.

But after that I would probably let it go. It's possible they just made a typo in their response.

•••
What you posted isn't clear, I don't understand what's going on.

•••
i am unable to understand their reply. Either you quote them a price or ask their offer. This could make the picture clear.

•••
Hi everyone,

I actually just heard back from our company that manages our website and they said that the way they have it set up, they feel it would really help us get more leads.

It reads more like they are politely replying with no thanks. Hence the "thanks for keeping us in mind."

No reply from you is warranted, unless you are politely thanking them for their time, IMO.

•••
Id tell them that they could benefit from a 301 redirect from your domain. So the current structure of their existing site wouldnt need changing

•••
You should call them and try to sell the domain, imo

•••
Hi everyone,

you should put your email conversation too, incomplete conversation like this could bring different perception

•••
OP

Only thing that matters is if they made an offer, everything else is redundant.

•••
I sent him the first mail, and include price in them. I use a boomerang to track my mails, and I saw that he opened my email in 3 days for 35 times so I figured he was interested to buy my domain.

I follow up them, this is my email:
Hello,

What is stopping you? Pricing? or Do you happen to have unanswered questions regarding the domain transfer/purchase process?

•••
I sent him the first mail, and include price in them. I use a boomerang to track my mails, and I saw that he opened my email in 3 days for 35 times so I figured he was interested to buy my domain.

I follow up them, this is my email:
Hello,

What is stopping you? Pricing? or Do you happen to have unanswered questions regarding the domain transfer/purchase process?

i'm still not getting the whole picture of it LOL
all i get is you have a domain, not sure what is the tld
your buyer already have a website mean he also had another domain and once again i dont know what is the tld

i dont get the relation between your domain and your buyer domain, there will be a lot of possibility such as :
1. your client domain is awesomecompany.net while your domain is awesomecompany.com
2. your client domain is awesome-company.com while your domain is awesomecompany.com
3. your client domain is somerelatedcompany.com while your domain is awesomecompany.com
and so on....

without some proper (appropriate) information we couldnt help you much, if we insist to give advice it might be pointing you into another different ways...

•••
•••
Your headline is a bit misleading, maybe he is saying even though the domain would give us some leads we are not interested, as "Thanks though for keeping us in mind" statement is kind of a brush off.

•••
A full quote would be helpful (no interpretation)

Dont talk about traffic, Just try to sell them the domain

If you talk too much it will get into a traffic discussion involving the "webguy" (reason he would be interested) And we all know how easy it is to have a domain with nil traffic. Good Luck

•••
i'm still not getting the whole picture of it LOL
all i get is you have a domain, not sure what is the tld
your buyer already have a website mean he also had another domain and once again i dont know what is the tld

i dont get the relation between your domain and your buyer domain, there will be a lot of possibility such as :
1. your client domain is awesomecompany.net while your domain is awesomecompany.com
2. your client domain is awesome-company.com while your domain is awesomecompany.com
3. your client domain is somerelatedcompany.com while your domain is awesomecompany.com
and so on....

without some proper (appropriate) information we couldnt help you much, if we insist to give advice it might be pointing you into another different ways...

My domain is: RoofingContractorsBaltimore.com
Buyer domain is:
rolandslate.com

•••

They have politely let you know they're not interested..

Best to send a polite message thanking them for their time.

Then move on to the next sale.

•••
Hi everyone,

from the email you received I think these:
1. The company to whom you have sent the email for your domain actually have entrusted an outsider /web company to manage their website and emails
2. They sent your email to the company who manages their website and they sent email to them saying that the way they have made the setup is sufficient enough for them to have proper leads and inquiries
3. Thanks though for keeping us in mind - is nothing but a thank you note from the company you have contacted.

I hope it's clear!

•••
@barton001 - What the two posts above have said would be my advice too. Looking at their website. It does look rather nice and modern. I would thank them and move on also. Your domain is also rather a mouthful to type in.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is a 'thanks but no thanks' situation here. I think you should send an email thanking them for their time and to contact you if their decision changes or for any other matter.

This way, you keep the line of communication open while you move on to someone else. A missed sale today can be a buy tomorrow. Who knows?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back