IT.COM

question-answered Please Help ... Where do I post a Design Contest?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi @everyone, It has been a while since I have posted a design contest on Namepros. Are we still doing design contest on here?
I click on Design Contest > Private Design Contest and it says "There are no threads matching your filters." When I click on "Show only: Unlocked" it shows the latest entry which was on May 10,2022. I need help and directions please; where I can see all the current contests and possibly run my own. I need to get an idea first how active that thread is and what to expect of submissions. Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Looks like design contest not happening on here. Even the link to your post; there is no link provided by the commentors

•••
Looks like design contest not happening on here. Even the link to your post; there is no link provided by the commentors
Yeah, not sure what’s happening. In the past you would just go to that section and there they were

•••
•••
•••
Not an active area is my guess. Maybe people have difficulty finding it.
Similar to content area that was more popular before

•••
I generally participate in design contests when I have time, when they are published. There hasn't been any new ones in a little while.

There are lots of members with that section bookmarked to be notified when new contests launch and Enter when they do.

Once a contest ends an the files are transferred + designer paid, the listing is closed rather fast and no longer visible unless you click the "view locked threads" link.

It's not uncommon to still have x2, x3+ pages of design entries when a contest is published still. There just haven't been as many contest holders starting contests lately.

Last edited:
•••
Once a contest ends an the files are transferred + designer paid, the listing is closed rather fast and no longer visible unless you click the "view locked threads" link.
Was it always like that? I remember coming to this section, checking out the different contests, even ones that were done. I think simply making those contests that ended, visible again, would help get that section going again.

•••
Was it always like that? I remember coming to this section, checking out the different contests, even ones that were done. I think simply making those contests that ended, visible again, would help get that section going again.
It's been that way several years now I believe. The majority (if not all) marketplace related sections treat closed listings the same (from what I've seen), by hiding them, which has helped cut down on people having to sort through them to find what's still open and active.

I think more people complained over the years about having to dig trough closed listings in the marketplace to find active stuff than the opposite.

The bright side is that when a design contest does happen. It gets better exposure by not being buried. 😀

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back