IT.COM

advice Please help me to find out why a domain gets many inquiries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nerevar

Top Member
Impact
Some months ago, a registered a 5-letter domain, B O Q E R (at) com. To me it was just a random brandable. Rejected by BB, accepted by NR.

But it constantly gets at least 1 inuiry per month in DNS, and sometimes multiples inquiries per month, from various places of the world - such diverse countries as UK, Australia, Norway, to name a few. Why? It has a small bit of traffic, but nothing remotely sufficient to justify this attention.

I looked for translations. It means "event" in Uzbek - but, with all due respect, Uzbeks are not avid domain buyers, really - it is a poor Asian country. I think (but am not sure) that it also means "morning" in Hebrew.

So, any ideas why people constantly inquire about this domain?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Here's a possible answer, as well as a potential buyer

Yes, I thought about this. But IMO, he is a bit "small" to justify so many inquiries from different countries.

•••
Yes, I thought about this. But IMO, he is a bit "small" to justify so many inquiries from different countries.

Ok.

screenshot-1444325970-653.png

screenshot-1444326054-440.png

•••
•••
•••
To bad you will lose it to wipo once they decide they want the domain

•••
Some months ago, a registered a 5-letter domain, B O Q E R (at) com. To me it was just a random brandable. Rejected by BB, accepted by NR.

But it constantly gets at least 1 inuiry per month in DNS, and sometimes multiples inquiries per month, from various places of the world - such diverse countries as UK, Australia, Norway, to name a few. Why? It has a small bit of traffic, but nothing remotely sufficient to justify this attention.

I looked for translations. It means "event" in Uzbek - but, with all due respect, Uzbeks are not avid domain buyers, really - it is a poor Asian country. I think (but am not sure) that it also means "morning" in Hebrew.

So, any ideas why people constantly inquire about this domain?

I want to create a bot that will crawl all the pages at namepros and look for domain names that aren't explicitly written out (i.e., spaces between the letters) and put them into a database, and create a website where a person can go to look at all the domains that can't be found by bots.

To find the ever-popular spaces between letters, one regular expression would suffice.

while ($nameprospost=~/((?:[a-z]{1}\s+)+)\(at\)\s+[a-z]{3}/isg)
#PROGRESSIVE PATTERN MATCH
{
$inexplicitlystateddomainname=$1;
$inexplicitlystateddomainname=~s/\s+//isg;
$inexplicitlystateddomainname=~s/\(at\)/\@/isg;
print $inexplicitlystateddomainname;
}

boqer.com

•••
You may think I'm just trying to be funny but that regex ("regular expression" in coder talk) would most likely find your domain name.

•••
I want to create a bot that will crawl all the pages at namepros

I think you should have written that in "report your sales thread", not here. There you would instantly get the due attention.

•••
Its a good brandable 5 letter .com so its less that we see why people SHOULD want it, but its more why people WONT not need it.lol. Its one of those domains that isnt good because of anything obvious, but its good because it does nothing bad.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back