IT.COM

Please help get on Fast Transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Anna_M

Established Member
Impact
Newly registered domains at Dynadot, Namecheap and Daddy.

Listed at Aftnernic and Sedo.

Day 60 for the first bunch is approaching.

Do I need:

1. To unlock domains at all 3 registrars to prepare for Fast Transfer?

2. When day 60 hits, add released domains through Afternic / Sedo protal?
Or should I add them through registrar portal?

Having read here, I understand better not to count on registrars' emails re Fast Transfer but to take Fast Trasfer into own hands. The only one needs is to know how :alien3:

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. No, don’t unlock anything. And I'd wait for day 61 at least before you list the names.

2. Submit the domains to Afternic and Sedo through those sites themselves. These are 2 separate marketplaces. Adding names to Sedo is very quick, but getting into Afternic’s Fast Transfer is often not. It takes patience. Be prepared for some waiting.

You should have prices listed on those domains at Afternic if you want them eligible for Fast Transfer.

When your registrar emails you to add a name to Afternic, follow their directions. They usually say to sign in to your domain account and click a couple of things. If that doesn’t add it to Fast Transfer after a few days, then contact Afternic and ask them to help.

If you don’t get any email from your registrar, tell Afternic this -- and list the domains you're talking about. For me with Dynadot names I think Afternic went ahead and added them when I said I didn’t receive an email to approve them.

For the Godaddy domains, no need to receive an email. Those should work and go into Fast Transfer. But sometimes they don’t; If not, let Afternic know and ask them to add the domains to the Premium Network.

•••
In order to enable fast transfer on afternic, you have to include a buy now price and it will automatically be eligible.Hope this helps.

•••
•••
It is just called as "Fast Transfer"...
Actually, I lose a few additional days via SedoMLS (20% loss) than doing the same sales just parking the domains at ParkingCrew/Bodis and using Sedo/Undeveloped as escrow (3% / 5%).
Regarding Afternic/GoDaddy - I had just 1 sale there and lost over 3 weeks and 20%.

Last edited:
•••
And regarding 60 days...
Verisign, Neustar, Donuts don't use this lock at all for their TLDs a few years already...
It is fully controlled by Registrar's policy. For example, from 1and1 I can transfer even 1 day old domains.

Last edited:
•••
Only Afilias and CentralNic still set this archaic 60 days lock per TLDs under their management/ownership.

Last edited:
•••
And regarding 60 days...
Verisign, Neustar, Donuts don't use this lock at all for their TLDs a few years already...
It is fully controlled by Registrar's policy. For example, from 1and1 I can transfer even 1 day old domains.
Interesting. Are you talking about .com? Are these fast transfers, or regular transfers initiated by you?

Last edited:
•••
I'm talking about 60 days lock in general.
Each registrar has its own policy, except cases where serverTransferProhibited is set by Registry (see above).
But Sedo/Afternic are still not aware... they act in oldschool manner.

•••
Last edited:
•••
1and1 is NOT Afternic/Sedo Premium partner.
So automatic transfers are not available at all.

•••
It is just called as "Fast Transfer".

Аlmost a meme, trolls :)

Was really hoping for your eye, have started a notepad with 'Wolf's comments humor noir', Crew/Bodis were already on it :-D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back