Logo #2

votes
    14.3%

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
Need a quick help.

We have an internal dispute at Epik about logo selection for NameLiquidate.com. The boys can't seem to work out amongst themselves and so I get to break the tie with a 24 hour poll. Thanks!

Candidate #1:

NL-1.jpeg

Candidate #2:

NL-2.jpeg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
as the above have mentioned number 1

•••
•••
•••
On #2 you should use the circle part on liquidate, I think that would make it better. #1 is simple, but fine.

•••
•••
Think about the concept

There is a need for the concept you are obviously going to create

Too many domain name investors are stuck with portfolios and have run out of cash and they cant find a domain name broker that will sell one or too domains in their portfolio even for $250 a domain just to put some liquidity in to portfolios etc

The ways of doing that is either by having the largest amount of brokers that are prepared to sell average domains for lower commission etc

Or like buying a car where a person can use a domain as part exchange or like the housebuyers where they can buy a persons house but at say 75% of market value

Or

And this option is really needed in the domain industry

Domain pawnbrokers

That can offer fast instant cash on any domain sameday

The liquidators

•••
•••
thanks.not convinced yet. It's very similar but could have derived from someones own work. There are notable differences at first glance that give away it wasn't (100%) copy pasted.

I'm on mobile else I'd run it by my image recognition software.
If you take the exact stock logo or copy paste and run an image search then you would find it...but if you retrace that same stock logo or draw it again and run the search again you would never find it.

•••
If you take the exact stock logo or copy paste and run an image search then you would find it...but if you retrace that same stock logo or draw it again and run the search again you would never find it.

I'm tempted to move my ass to my workstation to check this out cos if so, someone has been naughty and needs a spanking :)

•••
•••
I voted for #1 because it looked more elegant. But yeah, it seems that the N is way too common. Truth be told, it's not easy to make an original N, as designers have been at this for ages.

Can I make a suggestion for a different logo approach, @Rob Monster ?

•••
I prefer clean slick logos. Obviously it always depends on your target audience.

If you want to get away from a single letter logo for fear of not being unique enough, then add a little line at the bottom to get a NL effect. (Obviously clean up and resize my edit a bit if you keep it)

Show attachment 149722

That's a cool tweak of the idea. @DanSanchez as the PM and @Ala Dadan should take note.

•••
•••
My vote goes to Durfers.. that is an amazing NL combination and the colors are rocking.. Did you design that tonight?

I thought #2 was appealing for NameLiquidate because:

a) the colors looked similar to GoDaddy.. what better way to celebrate converting their expiry gobbling into something that would benefit domainers.. their loss would become the domain industry's gain.. so colors for transmutation of that energy and redirection were ironic.

b) the plumbing Rob mentioned was clever... the name effectively having the dropping line while the liquidate had the symbol for escalation or raising.

c) Durfer rocks.

•••
•••
•••
come on, that is funny but give the guy a break.

He is looking for opinions on the logo's and because of the thread content it will have a promotional element to it......maybe it can be moved to another part of Namepros to make you happy?

•••
Anyone internally who picked 2 is probably a GoDaddy plant that is trying to sabotage your business from the inside, I'd keep a close eye on them.

Agree

Samer

Last edited:
•••
for sure but make the logo N look like it has an L too, reverse the bottom line as well to look like it has an L shape. have the little line go inward and outward

uc?

Last edited:
•••
•••
#2 but find away to reduce the logo ty

•••
•••
Number 1 is boring

Number 2 has better colors and is more lively.

I would pick Number 2 if the font was tweaked to a better font

•••
Someone just bought a very good domain in .com which does effectively the same thing

I saw it in namebio a coulke of days ago

The domain is

Cash 4 url

Which looks like it migt be a a pawnbroker type service which would also liquidate domain names

•••
Glad I voted for #1 - Looks like that is the one that made it live :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back