Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald R

Established Member
Impact
Travel
Airlines, Trains, Buses, Tourism, Vacation and Travel Agencies, Cruises, or Travel Associations.

Entertainment
Musical Concerts (Front and Backstage), Sporting Venues and Arenas (Hockey, Football, Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling, Boxing, Motor Racing, Tennis, Golf), Events, and Festivals (Burning Man, Renaissance), Amusement Parks, Resorts (Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, MGM, Universal Studios), or Olympic.

Movies
Streaming online movie and content providers, Movie Theaters, Cinemas, or Box Offices.

The Arts
Opera, Broadway, Off-Broadway, Musicals.

Collectibles
Memorabilia companies selling movie or sports merchandise, etc.

Ticket Brokers
Mega conglomerate online ticket brokerage selling many or all of the above.

Police and Government
To promote safe driving, and/or to allow people to pay their fines online.

Miscellaneous
Talent Shows, a shorter domain name such as the initials of an already existing company (i.e., IHOP = "International House of Pancakes"), manufacturers of printed tickets, or a person-to-person ticket bartering/haggling or auction site. (Such as an Ebay, or StubHub)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there Ronald,

This is quite a nice acquisition! It can easily be branded or marketed out to a consumer -- despite it not a dictionary definition 4 letter word and has vowels. I can see this selling for low XX,XXX to mid XX,XXX to an end user, and mid X,XXX - low XX,XXX for a quick sale.

I like it! It should have some decent liquidity.

•••
Hi there Ronald,

This is quite a nice acquisition! It can easily be branded or marketed out to a consumer -- despite it not a dictionary definition 4 letter word and has vowels. I can see this selling for low XX,XXX to mid XX,XXX to an end user, and mid X,XXX - low XX,XXX for a quick sale.

Hi there Ronald,

Thank you, Germany Rose. Where do you think is the best way to sell it? I'm new here and to domain sales in general. If someone could just point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I've had this domain for years.

•••
Thank you, Germany Rose. Where do you think is the best way to sell it? I'm new here and to domain sales in general. If someone could just point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I've had this domain for years.

Welcome to NamePros! And welcome to the forums.

You could place the domain here under a Fixed Price on [NamePros]. Make sure it's under the appropriate section.
https://www.namepros.com/forums/fixed-price.115/

Alternative marketplaces may be found under [Sedo] [GoDaddy Auctions] [Flippa] [Afternic] -- do some research on all and try to figure out which suits your needs the best!

When you market your pitch out for it -- I would focus in on a niche -- it will do well if pitched as an easy to remember, ticket/ticketing company or eticket domain.

Last edited:
•••
Amazing & brandable 4L. Huge market out there. All the best.

•••
Catchy Domain name, it goes up to 5 figure, All the best

•••
very nice....I don't know the value. but I can see this has a potential to be bought buy some multi billion dollar company, for their new service or product.

•••
TIKT.com is both short and highly brandable. The most expensive reported near comp on this name would be VIVO.com, which is reported to have been sold for 2.1 million USD. You're not going to get that in all likelihood from somebody creating a new brand, however, timing is everything and for a largish company who is interested, it is certainly a talking point. Even so, getting the word out there about the name is a good start.

•••
I guess I should also mention that "tikt" is a real word in Dutch or German I think, and there is even a TIKT after-market automobile company in Germany who I approached with the domain before but they weren't interested. Search google for TIKT corvette.

•••
Wait, they didn't turn me down. My translator sloughed the transaction somehow. I guess I got a bad translator. Maybe I should contact them again.

•••
•••
tikt

Contents
1Dutch
1.1Pronunciation
1.2Verb
2Latvian
2.1Verb
2.1.1Conjugation
2.1.2Derived terms
2.2Verb
2.2.1Conjugation
2.2.2Derived terms

Dutch
Pronunciation
Audio

MENU

0:00
Rhymes: -ɪkt
Verb
tikt

second- and third-person singular present indicative of tikken
(archaic) plural imperative of tikken
Latvian
Verb
tikt intr., 1st conj., pres. tieku, tiec, tiek, past tiku

to arrive at
to arrive in
to get to
to reach
to be (formed words in passive)
Conjugation
notikt
satikt
Verb
tikt intr., 1st conj., pres. tīku, tīc, tīk, past tiku

to like
to enjoy
to relish
Conjugation
patikt
tikt galā

•••
Verb
tikt

second- and third-person singular present indicative of tikken
(archaic) plural imperative of tikken

tikken
Contents [hide]
1 Dutch
1.1 Pronunciation
1.2 Etymology 1
1.2.1 Verb
1.2.1.1 Inflection
1.2.1.2 Synonyms
1.2.1.3 Derived terms
1.3 Etymology 2
1.3.1 Noun
1.4 Anagrams
Dutch[edit]
Pronunciation[edit]
IPA(key): /ˈtɪkə(n)/
Audio
MENU0:00
Etymology 1[edit]
Onomatopoeic.

Verb[edit]
tikken

(intransitive) to tick, to make a ticking sound
(intransitive) to tap
(transitive) to type on a typewriter or keyboard
(transitive) to tag (in a children's game)
Inflection[edit]
[more ▼]Inflection of tikken (weak)
infinitive tikken
past singular tikte
past participle getikt
Synonyms[edit]
(type):

typen
Derived terms[edit]
tikker
tikkertje
doortikken
intikken
uittikken
op de kop tikken
Etymology 2[edit]
Non-lemma forms.

Noun[edit]
tikken

Plural form of tik
Anagrams[edit]
knikte

•••
•••
Care to contact that German aftermarket manufacturer TIKT who owns the domain tikt.de for me and perhaps broker a deal?

Last edited:
•••
Care to contact that German aftermarket manufacturer TIKT who owns the domain tikt.pp for me and perhaps broker a deal?

Will shoot out an email in the morning.
Direct Message me what you want to be said.

•••
You might have to do some research on them. Tikt Performance Parts. Feel them out. See what they can afford. Perhaps you could be my broker.

•••
This is an awesome domain, you'll have no trouble selling it. It's mega brandable - I wish I had this one myself :)

•••
This is an awesome domain, you'll have no trouble selling it. It's mega brandable - I wish I had this one myself :)

What do you suppose you would do with it?

•••
•••
Totally agree - some format of TIKT sales or TIKT resales business. I would think some of the main players would be interested in it.......if you don't ask you'll never know!

•••
Totally agree - some format of TIKT sales or TIKT resales business. I would think some of the main players would be interested in it.......if you don't ask you'll never know!
I know. I thought about going to TicketMaster, Disney, etc., but I'm horrible with direct person-to-person sales. I need a sales partner. Another avenue I thought of would be purchasing a list of new businesses and sending them letters or e-mails letting them know it's available for purchase or rent. I just have had to learn so much over the years trying to do everything by myself, it's so hard!

•••
I know. I thought about going to TicketMaster, Disney, etc., but I'm horrible with direct person-to-person sales. I need a sales partner. Another avenue I thought of would be purchasing a list of new businesses and sending them letters or e-mails letting them know it's available for purchase or rent. I just have had to learn so much over the years trying to do everything by myself, it's so hard!

I agree with you there - it is really hard approaching a large firm as an outsider. The first point of contact could just be by email and then see who replies. I do have a contact who maybe able to help you, he owns and sells some huge domains, including some of the oldest ones. If you're interested I could send him an email for you?

•••
I agree with you there - it is really hard approaching a large firm as an outsider. The first point of contact could just be by email and then see who replies. I do have a contact who maybe able to help you, he owns and sells some huge domains, including some of the oldest ones. If you're interested I could send him an email for you?

Sure! I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!

•••
Sure! I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!

Ok great, i'll send him off an email now and let you know what he thinks.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back